The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Stainless Steel Repair and Regrain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chris Nicholson working his magic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28SljwnxSqQ[/youtube]

http://www.pjgrady.co.uk/
from what I've seen on Facebook, it looks like Chris is currently in the USA working at
DeLorean service centres over there, as there have been lots of pics posted of him
working on cars at various places.
I dont know if someones already had a go at it but I would love to see stainless steel facias produced.... It may not be to everyones taste to have stainless front and back as well as everywhere else, but personally I would have them, fit them, and get them painted in the appropriate grey metallic... no more eyebrowing, warping, and no rust.... a worthy investment as is the new roof box sections etc...

Xx
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:I dont know if someones already had a go at it but I would love to see stainless steel facias produced.... It may not be to everyones taste to have stainless front and back as well as everywhere else, but personally I would have them, fit them, and get them painted in the appropriate grey metallic... no more eyebrowing, warping, and no rust.... a worthy investment as is the new roof box sections etc...

Xx

I think you might have a hard time convincing the person you knock down in the car if you had stainless fascias...
...hardly pedestrian friendly.
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:I dont know if someones already had a go at it but I would love to see stainless steel facias produced.... It may not be to everyones taste to have stainless front and back as well as everywhere else, but personally I would have them, fit them, and get them painted in the appropriate grey metallic... no more eyebrowing, warping, and no rust.... a worthy investment as is the new roof box sections etc...

Chris is making new fibreglass fascias, which are pretty much immune to warping / eyebrows. If you're going to paint it anyway then this is a better idea than stainless; aside from the safety issue fibreglass is easier to repair.