The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: 1981 gas flap, black interior manual . Belfast. N.I
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well Guys,

I have listed my car for sale.

Anyone interested get in touch.

[Image: DeloreanFrontdoorsup.jpg]
[Image: InteriorPassengerSide.jpg]

For Sale:
1981 Delorean DMC 12

I am selling my beloved Delorean. I have had the car for around 7 years and have restored it extensively.

If you’re seriously looking to purchase a Delorean you will likely have done your homework at forums such as Delorean.ie, deloreans.co.uk and DMCTalk.org

This Car is a 1981 with original Gas Flap Hood, Original Antenna Windscreen, Silver Wheels Example. It has been taken to be a very reliable driving car and this season has taken me on numerous trips including a run to Letrim and Back without any problem. This Delorean is ready to drive and has Full MOT. The works to be undertaken as listed below are only minor things that would not stop the daily enjoyment of the car. I actually used the Delorean in August for a couple of days as my daily driver when my own car was off the road and it proved very reliable.

This Delorean is a July 1981 Car and was originally purchased in Kansas where it remained for most of its life. It was then sold to a company Called Cars and Stars in Belgium before being brought into UK and then finally to me.

The previous UK owner had left the car with a classic car restorer and provided me with receipts in excess of £15,000.00 of work he had undertaken on the car prior to my purchase. When I purchased the car I drove it home a distance of 450miles and didn’t miss a beat. Since then I have spent considerable time and money updating the car further.

My reason for sale is to allow me to look at purchasing another vehicle and restoring it. I have Loved the Delorean and if you don’t have one already but considering purchasing, you will not regret it. The community for support is fantastic and you will meet through your ownership true friends. It really is a unique car that turns heads EVERYWHERE it goes!

Since purchasing my Delorean I have upgraded the car as follows:

New Front Bumper in Original Factory Colour.
Strengthened Bracket to air dam preventing sagging.
Special T Auto Air Dam to protect Fuel Tank
Full Poly Bushes all round to Suspension
Delorean Europe (Ed Uding) fully Adjustable Shocks around 3 years ago.
Halo Front Side Lights
Modern Space Saver Spare wheel to replace 30year old original
Entire Chassis Extensively Wax oiled including all accessible box sections.
Stainless Steel Front Brake Lines
New Angle Drive and Dust Cover
New Speedo Cable (Upper and Lower this year)
New Steering Knuckle Joint last year
New Old Stock Ball Joints 4 Years ago (Original 1980 Stock item – NOT REMANUFACTURED DMCH)
Single Key operation for all Locks
2 Keys – 1 Original and 1 replacement.
Upgraded Speakers – Both Tweeters under Dash and Rear.
Upgraded Stereo to Single Din Style
iPod compatible Radio/CD player
Blue LED’s fitted to all Binnacle and Dashboard lights to reduce power consumption.
Upgraded Door lights to LEDs
Upgraded Trunk Light to LED
Trunk Popper for automatic opening operation
New Wipers
New Rear View Mirror
Switch Override for Cooling fans along side usual Automatic operation.
New DMCH Remanufactured Headlight Switch.
New Fuel Pump
New Fuel Accumulator
New Fuel Pump Boot and cover
New Remanufactured Fuel Sender
UK Required Fog Light fitted within Existing Rear Lights as opposed to external unit.
UK registered
Wing-A-Loft Door Poppers (http://delorean-parts.com/Merchant2/mer ... _Code=9400)
Electric Mirror Controller replaced approx 5 years ago and fully working
Both Seats replaced approx 4 years ago with virtually new unused original seats.
Headliner to roof and doors re-trimmed approx 6 years ago.
Interior Cabin fully Sound Insulated (Noticeably quieter than other Deloreans)
Original DMC Huston Car Mats
4 Wheels Re-furbed approx 5 years ago and remain immaculate
Replaced Trailing Arm Bolts
New Heating Fan Motor
LED fitted to foot well and door edge to provide courtesy lighting
Battery Kill Switch
New Clutch Fitted approx 3000miles ago
New Water pump fitted
New HT Leads fitted
New Distributor Cap and Arm
Converted to new style Air Conditioning Fitment
Re-conditioned Starter Motor this year
Cat Bypass pipe
Exhaust Manifold Gasket replaced
Upgraded Coolant Bottle
Coolant Auto Bleed fitted to coolant system
All brake Callipers and discs replaced by previous owner prior to my purchase.
Euro Height front springs fitted
4 New tyres fitted approx 5 years ago and travelled approx 1000 miles per year since.
Full Panel Alignment
Full Re Grain by Chris Nicholson

If I was keeping the car the only job that needs to be looked at is a problem that has only recently developed.

After speaking to other owners I believe it is a poor earth issue. The problem that arises is that the heater fan, dashboard lights and passenger window stop working but upon opening and closing the door they all start to work again. I have not had a chance to diagnose things fully but fully intend to once I get a chance so this may already be fixed by the time any viewings take place. I have also found the driver’s window will not work and this may be linked into the same problem or could be the motor requires replacement.

There are no other jobs that need done that are preventing use of the Delorean. I would note the following though for your own records:
Binnicle Is Cracked – this does not affect the operation of the unit in any way and is very common.
Steering wheel is very good condition although a small split is starting at the top and would require recovering to eliminate. Depends how fussy you are as to weather you can live with it or not.

£23500 ONO
http://s209.beta.photobucket.com/user/w ... y/Delorean
Paul,

gutted to see you selling this mate, but I've seen your car before and I know how good it is.

Who ever buys it will not be disappointed.

I'll promote this advert for you on the Club's Twitter and Facebook feeds to maximise coverage for you.

Best of luck,
Are the manuals more rare than the autos? I forget.
Other than the electrics sounding like they're in a pickle this sounds like a well modernised version.
/want :S
Autos are rarer than the manuals, but the manuals are more reliable.
Thanks Claire, appreciate it.

Big Grin

Won't be going to far from the community though. To much fun had over the last few years.

The electric gremlin has only just started in the last couple of months and all other electrics are working perfectly.

I've also replaced the clutch line which I forgot to mention in the add.

Big Grin

Here is my number if anyone interested.

07043 226696. No text though as its one of those numbers to filter out sales calls so won't accept text.
Ahh now if I had a house/garage to keep it in I may make the import form NI ;P
But once I have said house/garage I probably won't have spare cash for a D!
I'm fairly confident the universe is screwing me out of ever having one! ;D
Quick Update.

Ive readvertised the car online and reduced the price to £22500.00 ONO.

Im open to any realistic offer as I would like to pull some funds in to invest elsewhere.

PM me for more details as the mobile listed above is no longer working.

Cheers.
Hi there,

Dropped you a PM.

Rich