The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: 2012 State of our Cars Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you get a chance, pop over to DMCTalk.org and vote in this years “State of Our Cars” poll.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5485- ... -Cars-Poll

(You need to be a forum member to vote, but sign up is a breeze)

I started it last year to get an idea of how reliable we felt our cars are and was pleasantly surprised to see that almost 60% of owners would take their cars on (what I would call) a long trip of 250 miles or more. We had 104 owners voting for 114 cars, so it is admittedly a small subsection of owners and it would be nice to get more cars included.
well I'm impressed that after 10yrs of ownership, I've finally had a year of driving my car and it not
breaking down - although I've got 12 days left on the road tax, so theres still time! :lol:
Nice find, I'd missed that topic

I've put my vote in Big Grin

My record is a fault free 1200 mile round trip to Edinburgh from MK and then to Hawes in Yorkshire, Leeds, Manchester on the way back. I did this over a period of a week in 2010.

I regularly use the car for journeys to see friends all of the country (although I do have AA cover just in case) as there are lots of original parts still going strong after 31 years...

I've so much faith in my car that after a few years I made it my 'only' car. It'll be 11 years in January! Shock My God, has it been that long!
Stupidity or bravery, I'm not sure, but as others in the club are aware, I'm driving about in LEX without breakdown cover. Done about 3000 miles this summer, which includes two journeys between Rugby and Edinburgh, which is a distance of 325 miles each way. Only faultered once during the summer, but was an easy 5 mins fix at the roadside. Pretty reliable, but always waiting in anticipation for the next thing to go wrong when driving. Big Grin