The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Everything you need to know about current MoT Law
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I've read too many threads asking about MoT regs on this, that and the other, so for everyones benefit, here's all you need to know.

Happy bedtime reading. :lol:

http://mottesters.co.uk/files/special%2 ... Manual.pdf

Chris, Fog lights is 1.3 page 23, any vehicle used on or after 1st April 1980, so ALL Deloreans require a rear Fog light, that particular MoT tester was wrong to pass the car.
All a bit odd really, despite all these rules it's still open to individuals interpretation of the rules, but thanks for posting this up!

Chris
No Chris....the rules are there to STOP individual interpretation.

In the case of the Fog lamp, the tester is plain & simply WRONG.

I've attended a few VOSA seminars for MoT testers and MoT tester inspectors (the MoT Tester Police) and you'd be absolutely gobsmacked at how many testers don't know the rules so make them up to suit themselves. :evil:

That's why VOSA have to do regular checks on MoT testers and testing stations, plus issue the rules as I've posted the link above.
To be fair theres a lot of stuff to remember, but it's all available to testers, even the MoT computer has tabs to show all the rules in each test station, plus they get hard copies and hey, if it were my occupation and my wage depended on it I'd learn it word for word.

Some Testers are just lazy or stupid or both.
Quote:they said the wire looks funny running out of the window (had they noticed all the other wires on the car?)
To be fair they were probably at a loss as to what switch did what and what wire did what :lol: I would challenge any inspector to sort out all the wires on any BTTF car :lol:

Chris