The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: #3352 DVLA inspection today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This morning Steve W drove all the way from Surrey to Chippenham in order for us to drive his new DeLorean back to Reading (Theale to be precise) for a DVLA inspection despite having applied for registration in Bristol. Ah well, it meant 3 hours in a DeLorean that's done maybe 20 miles since being resurrected, and with no number plates!

I knew what to expect from the inspection but Steve made a point of asking the bloke why it was necessary - apparently they get all sorts of vehicles which will pass an MOT but it doesn't follow the vin plate actually belongs to that vehicle - he described at one point having a vin plate coming off in his hand! So basically it's a chance for them to see the car in the metal, look at the vin plates and check it is a real car and all the documentation matches what they see in front of them. With a recently restored DeLorean, it's a formality - but they don't know that till they see it.

For the first time since I sold Lex, I'm actually going to be sorry to see this car go - the turbo engine is just superb, pulls like a train (or like a GTA more precisely!). Really fun even from the passenger seat.
Smile .I think the smile say's it all when it come's to 3352. Smile
nice one Martin, another De hits the streets Big Grin
Is VIN #3352 the one which came from that barn find of 3 DeLorean's?
Yep
MikeWard Wrote:Is VIN #3352 the one which came from that barn find of 3 DeLorean's?

Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock
The unpainted one...