The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Good engine block for sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Evenin all.

I have recently dismantled an Alpine GTA atmo engine whose block is in excellent shape with fewer than 20k miles on it. Unfortunately the engine was stored badly in a damp shed and while the "oily bits" are all absolutely pristine, the bores suffered years of surface rust to the point that the pistons were welded into the liners.

So... if you have block rot problems, this could be your answer. Offered complete with original crank & bearings, later type higher flow oil pump, chains, guides etc etc. You would need to swap the DeLorean's heads, cams, pistons, liners, lower crank case, sump and oil pickup.

£200 including delivery - may have to ship the crankshaft seperately!
Martin, I've posted this to the DOC-UK's Twitter and Facebook accounts to spread word
of this to a wider audience for you.
Thanks - much appreciated. I reckon this'll sit on the shelf for years, then I'll get 3 requests for it inside a month. That's if I don't need it myself first!
stunned_monkey Wrote:Thanks - much appreciated. I reckon this'll sit on the shelf for years, then I'll get 3 requests for it inside a month. That's if I don't need it myself first!

...it's always the way, eh! lol!