The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Cover plate 101716
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Anyone know where I could get one of these fuel cover plate for my D's belly?

In the UK? ...I've seen them on Special T for £188 plus a million on P+P...

Thank you!

Mat Clarke
Frenchy
dmc 12x
...Can't help you with where to get one, but just wanted to take this open opportunity to say that I had mine off just the other month for the first time, and what seems to be the first time in YEARS!

OMG! The crap I found in there, and it was also very damp and moisture filled. The plate was starting to decay quite badly, so I'm glad I took the time to take it off, and restore it to a protective fashion again. To anyone who has not had theirs off...ever, or even just not for a long time, I would urge you to make use of a couple of dry days to do the same as me, even if it's just a check with no maintenance needed.

It's not a hard job as long as you can get under the car. I did it all, just with the front of the car jacked up, and also with the back end on ramps (at separate times, in a see-saw fashion) due to my limited availability to get the car off the ground totally. It's do-able without such hardware available to get your car properly off the ground.

I'm guessing your plate as gone past the point of no return Mat?
I got a second hand one from Ed when I did my frame off, I think it was around 180 mark.

My original was completely ruined.

Might be worth contacting Mervyn Richardson of the Irish club - he is making stainless chassis including that plate.
dmc4087 Wrote:I got a second hand one from Ed when I did my frame off, I think it was around 180 mark.

Might be worth contacting Mervyn Richardson of the Irish club - he is making stainless chassis including that plate.

Would be interesting to find out what the cost of that plate is in stainless...

He brought (i presume it was him) a frame to Belfast last year. Looked very nice indeed! I didn't talk to him, but heard on the grapevine that he was looking for £10,000 for a chassis (inclusive of plate?)
Thanks guys, they do seem like hen's teeth.....
No luck from Ed either...

Frenchy is having some chassis work, so I think the chap's gonna have to refurb the original plate - he's incredibly enthuastic ( a recent find - thankfully one mile away! ) so he'll be more than happy....

Cheers, Mat
is it number 8 on here?

[Image: 810.gif]

if so i feel quite good as my car came with a new one of these, it does not look too hard a part to have something made tho?
A member of the French club made them in stainless.
Here is the link:
http://deloreanlettrage.blogspot.fr/
Scroll down the page.
Aye they belonged to Mervyn.

Not sure how much the frames cost.

The plate doesnt look hard to make, but I could not find anybody here interested in doing it so I ended up getting a good second hand.

A remade plate wouldnt have the raised bit in the middle, not sure if thats really needed though.

Rissy Wrote:
dmc4087 Wrote:I got a second hand one from Ed when I did my frame off, I think it was around 180 mark.

Would be interesting to find out what the cost of that plate is in stainless...

He brought (i presume it was him) a frame to Belfast last year. Looked very nice indeed! I didn't talk to him, but heard on the grapevine that he was looking for £10,000 for a chassis (inclusive of plate?)