The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Day out at Brands Hatch for Deloreans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mary and I have received the attached e mail from James Rawlinson at Brands Hatch. We are available the weekend of 28th / 29th April and would like to take our car. I have emailed James to see if he wants cars on one or both days of the race meeting. Can those who are interested let us know so we can let James know how many cars would be coming

--------------''We would welcome enthusiasts from the Delorean Owners Club and feel it would add to the atmosphere of the event.

We are looking to have a selection of prestigious cars on display in the Britten’s Parade area next to the Kentagon restaurant..

I have attached pictures from a previous event and a site map detailing the location.

For each vehicle you receive two entry tickets and access to a suite in the Brabham Stewart Building for the duration of the meeting.

We also provide free lunch vouchers.

Below are some suggested upcoming dates that we feel would be suitable

24/25 March MSVR Club Car Championships

28/29 April 750 Motor Club Championships

12/13 May BARC Club Car Championships

2/3 June BARC Club Car Championships
9/10 June BRSCC Club Car Championships

For more details on the events and line ups, please visit http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calendar.aspx

Could you let me know the race meeting you would prefer?

Once we have confirmed a date, I’ll just need a list of entries before arranging tickets to be sent out.

Alternatively I can leave them at the main gate if it is more convenient for you.

Cars would need to be in the venue between 8am-10am.

Please contact me on 01474 875211 or email me if you require further details.

Kind regards

James Rawlinson

Retail Sales Administrator

MotorSport Vision Limited

Brands Hatch

Fawkham[/i]
I have had another communication from Brands Hatch where they are offering some alternative dates, James has also confirmed that we only have to be present on one day over the weekend-

-------''There are a couple of other dates I could offer in addition to my previous email.

Saturday 7th July BRSCC Club Car Championships

15/16 September MSVR GP Weekend

Let me know if these dates are any better?

If you prefer to stick to the 28/29 April that will be fine.

Once you have entries confirmed, email me a list of names and I will post you the tickets and meal vouchers.

Alternatively I can leave them at the main gate for collection if it is more convenient.''

Is anyone interested?

Mike
we cant do the early dates, and a Saturday meet would be difficult for those of us travelling from oop norf (and beyond).

The September weekend could be a goer - but what is 'MSVR GP' ??
Google is your friend:

http://www.msvracing.co.uk/

:lol:
MEGA SLOW VAUXHALL RACING - What Else?!

Mike
Brands Hatch have contacted us today and would like us to confirm our choice of dates as other clubs have already taken some of those previously on offer. We have now agreed that we will commit to the weekend of 15th - 16th September but possibly only attend on the Sunday.
James Rawlinson, the Brands Hatch rep is really keen to get some Deloreans along so let's try and get a good turn-out. Remember, each car will be issued with two free entry tickets plus we get meal vouchers and the use of a room.

Mary & Michael
Quote:Hi I live in Kent about 90 minutes from here so the BTTF Car might be able to come along if others are going would be nice to meet up with some other Deloreans
You would be very welcome, more the merrier and all that Big Grin

Chris
This is about 60 miles away. Could be up for it. Smile
The Hoopers Wrote:MEGA SLOW VAUXHALL RACING - What Else?!

Mike

OI !!!!!! :evil:
It is now less than a month away until the Brands Hatch event. You will recall that the club has been offered the opportunity to display our cars in the Britten’s Parade area next to the Kentagon restaurant at the circuit.

For each vehicle we will receive two entry tickets and access to a suite in the Brabham Stewart Building for the duration of the meeting.

The actual event is MSVR GP Weekend, Saturday 15 - Sunday 16 September 2012.

Founded in 2006, MotorSport Vision Racing (MSVR) has continually grown with a rapidly increasing roster of racing series. This particular weekend's event will include a packed timetable of motorsport, with an eclectic mix of single seater, sports and saloon car action. The Brands Hatch open paddock policy will allow us to walk freely amongst the competitors and allow us to watch as they prepare their cars for the on track action. For futher info about the event see http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calendar.aspx

Cars would need to be in the venue between 8am-10am.

We need to let the administrator at the circuit know how many cars are coming so that we can receive the entry tickets in good time.

The day that the Deloreans would be at the circuit would be Sunday 16th September

Could you let Mary and I know as soon as possible who will be coming together with their car registration number so we can process the tickets accordingly.

Lets hope we have a good turn out.

Mike
Up to today including youself there are three of us, though I must be optimistic that as it is now much nearer the day there will be more interest!!
Come on everybody blow the dust off that stainless steel and get on down to Brands Hatch!!
Mike
Mary and I have to inform Brands Hatch this weekend who will be going to the event next weekend and which day so that tickets can be issued.

Can those who wish to go confirm by tomorrow night whether they will be attending.

If there is very little enthusiasm we will have to inform Brands Hatch that we will not be attending.

Mike
The Hoopers Wrote:Mary and I have to inform Brands Hatch this weekend who will be going to the event next weekend and which day so that tickets can be issued.

Can those who wish to go confirm by tomorrow night whether they will be attending.

If there is very little enthusiasm we will have to inform Brands Hatch that we will not be attending.

Mike

I might have been interested in this, if my car was more up for a rapid drive than it is right now. The distance alone is a lot to consider, and at 120 miles each way, would be a full on weekend commitment for me i think. So on this basis, I regret to inform that I will not be attending this one, this year.

I'm scheduled to attend the East Kirkby RAF day instead, and even it is going to be a push for me at 98 miles each way. Once again, it's the typical, "lets have all shows happening on the same day shall we, that way, people will have to choose, rather than potentially do all."

The shorter distance from myself, won for me. Plus, getting to see lots of WWII aeroplanes etc, and not feeling left out cause i'm not prepared to rag the car round a track etc, also helped. ...Maybe another time though. Hopefully see you at the NEC in November though. :wink:
I think the idea is the cars are a static display Chris, not going on circuit.

We would have loved to have do this on the Sunday, but for us, its 168 miles
each way, x2 cars, so we'd be looking at £200 in fuel alone, which we just
cannot afford sadly Sad Sad

I really hope those of you that have shown an interest do still go, we do many
events up here with just 2 or 3 cars, and still have a great time and still attract
plenty of attention - sometimes less is more!