The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: NEC Classic Car Show 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondering what info we have regarding which members, which cars, and what days DOC are present at this event, as not seen much info yet.

Thanks.
its all being sorted at the moment, but confirmed for the Club stand are:

#1274 (black int/manual)
#6772 (grey int/auto)
BTTF replica

themes and designs are being worked on at the moment, but as its 15yrs of the Club
and 30yrs of the car this year, we're trying to do something along those lines.
The club is there as ever as Claire says, good size stand with three cars. There was a special offer advert in the last club magazines for a great deal on advanced tickets. Should be a new 'Explodaview' display along with a BTTF backdrop as well as all the normal stuff, Regalia/models/parts Etc
Hope this helps

Chris
Hiya Steven,

Brian O'Neill kindly volunteered his car for the DOC-UK Club stand. This year we will be
having in a way 'one of each', with a black interior/grey wheels/manual gearbox/gas flap
version, a grey interior/silver wheels/auto gearbox/grooved hood version and a BTTF replica.

Club members are always welcome to offer their time and their cars for the annual NEC
stand, members (and visitors to the stand) are also covered by the Club's Public Liability
Insurance policy.

regards,
hiya Steven,

the NEC only allow their 'approved list of charities' to be supported, so I doubt they
would allow us to only let people sit in a car on the proviso that a donation to charity
was made, especially if it was one that is not on their list.

If you did want to show your car at the NEC next year, the show organisers may stop you
from using the car to raise money for a 'non approved' charity (personally, I think this is sad,
as it stops show goers choosing from a wider range of causes to support should they wish to).
thats great Steven, as soon as we know next years dates they'll be on here and in the next Club
magazine, so if you do want to display your car it would be great to have you on board supporting
the Club and raising money for good causes Smile
Quote:Hi I understand I do goshcc but they could say which charity and have it donated from DOC so keep me in mind next show I would be interested if not busy
Thanks
Steven
Hi Steven
As I had mentioned to you a while ago, the NEC had been sorted out a long time ago, as I mentioned at the time it was very kind of you to offer your great car, but it was a bit to late for this years. If the offer is still there then it would be great to take you up on it for next year, if you dont mind being on your feet for three days!
Chris
I found with the window stickers it helps to wet them with a sponge first, as it
helps them cling better. I had problems with mine falling off when I first got them
but they havent budged since I wet them before fixing on the car.

Have fun at Butlins, hope the weather is ok for you - and good luck with the photoshoot! Big Grin
Just wanted to post that I'm still in the country. I'm at home in Rugby, and if im still here on Saturday (may be going to Mexico next, but not sure IF or WHEN right now, will know later in the week) then I'm going to pop along to say hi, as well as check out the other cars on display, hopefully with a friend...

So I may see those of you going for the stand etc on Saturday! :-)
be great to see you Chris, hope you can make it Smile
WOW!!!!!!!! what a weekend that was!!!!!!!

I am absolutely shattered, but it was a great show, and as usual, the DOC-UK stand was mobbed
all weekend by visitors.

It was great to see so many friends again, including (and sorry if I've forgotten anyone), Ben Lee Matthews,
'Bushtucker' Dan Howarth, John Tien (who's flying back to Hong Kong tomorrow), Brian O'Neill, Mike and Mary
Hooper, Rich & Roisin Hanlon (and their lovely 9wk old son Matthew), Julian Hunt, Dan Willis, Richard Johnstone,
Phil Emsley, Chris McGeachy, Chris Parnham, Andy Withers, Binny Louch, Dave Howarth and Ian Titley.
My brain is totally fried now, so like I say, apologies to anyone I've missed out.

Huge congrats to Brian, who did a sterling job as Doc Brown all weekend with his BTTF car, and helped raise
lots of money for charity in the process.

"hello" to all the new members we attracted this weekend I hope you enjoyed the show and look forward to
seeing you all in the near future, and thank you to everyone who came to the stand to renew their subs and
carry on supporting the Club.

Once again, thanks to everyone who came along and made this show such a sucess for the Club once again.

cheers
I second that.....

Was good to catch up with everybody but unfortunately if you only visit for the day then the time spent on the stand is no where near enough.... Think next year I will do the 3 days and help out a bit more......

Looking forward to the next show season and branching out a bit further!

Nice to see you again Claire ;-)

And welcome new members...

MrP

xxxxxx
twas great to see you again Ben, and if you want to organise a meet up down
your way where we can come and either camp, Premier Inn or B&B it for the
night, then let us know.

If you organise it, we will come Smile
Well you cant get fairer than that!

Sorry to hear you wont be around for evesham next year. I have already booked a week off work to prep for that but i will see how many I can raise by next june.....

Roll on show season ;-)

Xx
Hi folks, just to add, great stand again, as usual, and well done to everybody who was involved, you must all be talked out after a long weekend like that!

Thanks Claire!

I'm sure it was very succesful, it was certainly busy when we dropped in, and thanks all for the welcome. Glad to see everyione again, take care,

R, R and m.
Pages: 1 2