The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: **OFFICIAL** BTTF Nike's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those of you with sufficient cash and desire, Nike have actually made a limited run of licenced, official BTTF Nike's. Auction only, limited numbers and going for >$2000.

I'm trying not to bid.

http://nikemag.ebay.com/

JohnC

########################################################################################################

Look, we'd prefer a hoverboard, but we understand that some sci-fi buffs out there have always had their eye on the sneakers Michael J Fox wore in Back to the Future II. We can't have a hoverboard, but you can have a pair of Nike Air Mags.

If you win one of 150 auctions on eBay, that is.

Nike is selling 1500 pairs of the future-as-envisaged-in-the-mid-1980s footwear in aid of Parkinson's Disease charities, in honour of Mr Fox who was many years ago struck by that ailment.

They should raise a bob or two: auctions currently running are getting in over $4000 (£2511) a pair and some have exceeded $5000 (£3139).

They come complete with all the right lights and a battery to keep them lit for days. Wear them and you can sneer down on all the other five-year-olds with light-up shoes.

Pop over to Nike's eBay page if you fancy shooting for the shoes.

And if footwear's not your fancy, here are ten more gagdets from the worlds of SF we wish we owned.

Mind you, it being near lunchtime, perhaps this Darth Vader Toaster (http://www.reghardware.com/2008/11/06/darth_toaster/) would be more useful? ®
Bah. US only because of battery/charger selling restrictions, how lame is that?

JohnC
Tony O should have a pair for work to go with his 10 black (or various shades of grey) polo shirts.
M.
JohnC Wrote:Bah. US only because of battery/charger selling restrictions, how lame is that?

JohnC

One time offer. If you really want a pair and have $x,000 to spend, you can ship them to my house in Atlanta and I will reship them to the UK for you. (I will of course have to take them out of the box to look at them Smile )
Cool! But no power laces Sad .

Nick H