The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: My DMC back in 2003!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dug these old pictures out the other day of when I got my Delorean way back in January 2003-ol' stainless didnt look too bad but was a mess inside and most of the engine was under the hood! and behind the seats-isnt it amazing how much work you forget that you put into your car all those years ago! 8)
blimey mate, and I thought mine looked bad (will have to find pics of mine from 2002 now lol)
I've got the Monday morning (in the cold light of day!) on VHS somewhere-might be interesting to put it on DVD and send in a few stills 8)
I've got the camcorder footage of mine coming off of Chrispy's trailer, inch by inch.

It was a case of "WTF have I bought" in the cold light of day .... but 9 years on,
she's getting there slowly.

Here's some early shots of mine from October 2002 Smile

[Image: NewDeloreanProjectatTilbury.jpg]

[Image: OntraileratTilbury.jpg]

[Image: Dashboard2.jpg]

[Image: Dashboard1-1.jpg]

and this was Flopsy in 1997 when she was travelling from Virginia to California across the
Appalachian Mountains - apparantly this is a 4 lane highway!! Shock

[Image: PlayingintheVirginiaSnows-1.jpg]
lol, finally managed to track down my car's former keeper, and we're now
chatting and catching up on Facebook Big Grin
Great nostalgia photos-a lot of DMCs have come a long way (some literally!) to get to the roadworthy and show condition they are now. Anyone else got their before and after pictures of their DMC? I'm still trying to find #10556s past history from Stateside and apart from a brief mention on the Texas Delorean O.C. site very little 8)
sadly alot of #2292's history was lost in a fire in the 90's, but I have got
receipts from DeLorean One which run to thousands of dollars! Shock
Mine in June 2004 at Southhampton - Claire, I had the same though of 'what the hell have I bought' when it arrived lol.
[Image: dmc1-2.jpg]

And as it was a year ago - still plenty to do, its never ending.
[Image: 2-16.jpg]
OMG, I never knew your car was that bad Thomas!! Love the bottom pic btw with 'Docs Catering' - nice one! :lol:
If I could do it again, I would have saved more and bought a good one!

Its getting there now though, only taken 7+ years. Smile
know the feeling Thomas, I've had Flopsy 9 years this year, shes still a WIP
but I think she only owes me around £10k, so I cant really grumble.
Guinney1971 Wrote:know the feeling Thomas, I've had Flopsy 9 years this year, shes still a WIP
but I think she only owes me around £10k, so I cant really grumble.

10k was a long time ago for 4087 lol. I keep all the receipts but I havent counted them up and never intend to.