The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Vin 10371 found, and its a turbo! ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was driving past a classic car dealer/workshop in Witney, oxon today and saw a delorean sitting there looking pretty tired. I went inside and asked what its story was.
the chap told me a dad had brought it for his 14 year old son! because he was a huge fan of the film. The son that is! (way to much money and no sense by the sounds of it!) He also told me it was turbo. Does anyone know if this is one of the original prototypes?
All they have got to do is get it going. but from what I saw of it, it need more than that. it looks pretty bad underneath!
can anyone help with the history of it please? just for interest sake really.
Unlikely to be a prototype of any sort, but there are plenty of after-market conversions. Mind you, I've learnt plenty about DeLoreans and would love to be wrong.

Was it for sale?

Was the interior black?
Yer black interior, and it wasnt for sale. dad brought it for his 14 year old son. but its in a hell of a state.!!
I wonder if its a car known to the club?

Cars are still coming out of the preverbial woodwork, is it UK
registered?

I ought to send you a club flyer to put in the car :wink:
Very interesting, could be one of the BAE turbo kits that could be fitted??

Chris
It had a uk plate, something like flu 971x, cant remember completely. and dont think a club flier will help. the chap isnt interested in them at all, just brought it for his son. the garage owner wouldnt let me look under the engine cover, so couldnt see what was there. shame!
stu3954 Wrote:It had a uk plate, something like flu 971x, cant remember completely. and dont think a club flier will help. the chap isnt interested in them at all, just brought it for his son. the garage owner wouldnt let me look under the engine cover, so couldnt see what was there. shame!

lol at the 'flux' plate, mebbe its a plate bought specially for the car if the son is a BTTF
fan.

Shame that the lads father is not interested in the car, as it will be several years before
the lad can drive it (assuming he can get insurance).

ChrisW, is this car known to the club at all?
fwiw, 10371 is on the main vinlist (from 2006) as being in England, and having a Turbo, and being a black interior/5 speed
Hi, yes this is an on/off members car who has had it for a long time, it's just moved to a new garage with the aim of being re-commissioned. It's a early (possibly) factory converted BAE turbo car though at the moment a non runner it will soon be looking like a new one!
Reg is YLU 928X
The owners AFAIK are not looking to sell.
Chris
that reg number rings a bell now............

Glad to hear its being re-commissioned, be great to see it back on the road, the
only BAE turbo car I know of now is Tony Lawther's, but I've not seen him or his
car for years.