The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Re: Top Gear BBc2 17th July
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had to laugh at Jeremy Clarksons attempt to convert a Jaguar XJS convertible into a rail track going vehicle-wasnt that done with a DMC in B.T.T.F 3? Not quite a 1st! (although admittedly the Jag did drive under its own steam-pardon the pun!) 8)
another nice car trashed by the TG team Sad

We're going for a BTTF 3 recreation at Midland Railway Centre during the
DOC-UK weekend meet in September, although I think we'll make sure the
loco has its brakes firmly applied at the time! lol :lol:
You're right there-Top Gear may be automotive fun, but the boys trash a lot of decent cars, whether they are antiquated Morris Marinas or Jaguars that could be saved, when was the last time you saw a nice XJS or XJ6 on the road?
The B.T.T.F. train scene recreation sounds great, definately one to see! 8)
Phill and I were out in Leicestershire in our De's a couple of months back, and we were
near Rothley (Madeline McCann's home village), and I saw an immaculate XJS Convertible,
it was bright red with cream leather and looked great top down in the sunshine, being
enjoyed by its rightfully proud owner.

I've always loved the XJS, its one of those 'if I had a bank balance and big enough garage'
cars.... 8)
Whilst I agree, I think you have to think of it from a different angle - first, the Jag could easily be converted back, and second - no one wants old v12 Jags (or anything else that isn't diesel or fuel hungry) so they are bargains and ideal "project" cars.

Claire, you're PHer like me - they are all Barge-anomic bargains - we love 'em but the 99% of the rest of the world no longer do. Sad

Put it this way, my immaculate 2005 Monaro VXR has 11k on it and is probably worth nothing. The likelyhood is, it and most of it's sisters will end up as donor cars for V8 kits.
that would be a sad end for such a fine car, but on a similar vein, proper
Cavalier GSi's with the 2.0i 'redtop' are now an endangered species as so
many were scrapped so that their running gear could go in chavved up
Nova's and Corsa's (and subsequently get wrapped round trees by the idiots
driving them).

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=cavalier+gsi there are only 133 of all types
of Cavalier GSi registered with DVLA this year - and most of these are probably
chavved too Sad

Sadly, I think my wish to own a nice original GSi will go unfulfilled....
That's done pretty well - try finding a Cavalier or Calibra Turbo!
aye, there close to rocking horse poo status as well Cry
Calibra Turbo 4x4...hmm 8) . I haven't seen one in ages. Nice motor.
I got to sit in brand new one as a kid at a show when they first came out.
I can't remember the last Cosworth Sapphire I saw on the road. Wish Ford would do the decent thing and do a proper Focus or Mondeo 4x4 Cosworth.

Nick H
Only 91 Xantia Activas left because no many are broken by the Pug 205 crowd for their 2.0 turbo engines.
stunned_monkey Wrote:Only 91 Xantia Activas left because no many are broken by the Pug 205 crowd for their 2.0 turbo engines.

they were rare enough new - and I remember vividly you demonstrating to me once the
handling of your Xantia........ bonkers car lol :lol:
Mine's just a Hydractive 2 - not the Activa which has zero body roll.

My ol' faithful continues to pound on, 235,000 and counting. Recently had new front spheres and it's back to that magic carpet ride... Consistently achieves the same mileage as our Smart Shock
stunned_monkey Wrote:Mine's just a Hydractive 2 - not the Activa which has zero body roll.

My ol' faithful continues to pound on, 235,000 and counting. Recently had new front spheres and it's back to that magic carpet ride... Consistently achieves the same mileage as our Smart Shock

you've still got it! wow, thats doing well - it'll probably outlive your Smart car too! 8)
stunned_monkey Wrote:Mine's just a Hydractive 2 - not the Activa which has zero body roll.

I still remember lugging half a ton of robot up to Scotland in the BX

Quality

J