The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Public Liability Insurance at car shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of the 'local' shows (enhanced farm/country-fair style) that I've been meaning to go to for years finally looked like being a valid idea this weekend.

For the first time for years, it didn't clash with any other events, and the weather has been good for a couple of weeks (previous horror stories of soggy fields and stuck vehicles....)

Anyway, I visited the show today to collect an entry form.... which I find demands that ALL exhibitors have public liabiliity insurance of no less than £2m.

I gently queried this with the yellow-vested gatekeeper to be told that really was the case. despite the show being full, and taking an entry fee from those wishing to attend, they expected the exhibitors to not only pay for their own insurance, but provide copies of the same with the entry forms!

This is the first time I've encountered this, but google searches seems to suggest this requirement is becoming increasingly common, despite some other owners rebelling.

So after spend some time cleaning the car (not as long as some people... you know who you are...) being prepared to tie up my whole day to arrive when they want and not leave until the eraly evening, I'm now told I need to pay for insurance in case someone has an accident.

Has anyone else come across this, any thoughts... and no I'm not now attending Sad
I have come across this as well, also as a disclaimer on the bottom of application forms. Most classic insurance companys, as I understand it include this cover as part of the insurance now (Adrian Flux certinally do) but you need to check your own insurer! When I have had issues with it then i have just sent a copy of my insurance and they seem to have been happy with that. Though I also think this is going over the top. Also if your attending a DOC club organised event or show (NEC for example :wink: :wink: ) then your also covered by the clubs insurers.

Chris
I just cannot imagine who would clean their car for a longer time than yourself, but could it be ....... !
the DOC-UK has £5m Public Liability Insurance through Zurich, if anyone ever needs a copy of this then let me know.

Alot of shows that we attend do ask for details of the car's insurer and policy number, but we've never been asked to show anything.