The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: If you are in Glasgow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The new state of the art Glasgow motor museum is set to open on June 21st, in today Glasgow Evening Times it gives you a preview, I have attached a link which has a video of the building, over 3000 exibits but I don't know if there is a Delorean there but if you are ever up here it looks like a great place to spend a few hours, It has moved from the Kelvingrove site to near the SECC on the Cllyde. I will be going down in July so I will update you and hopefully take some photo's but in the meantime try the link below.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/edit ... -1.1104696
...is it actually a motor museum then? I thought it was going to be a new Clyde history (boats and ship building and yards stuff) museum... obviously i must be wrong.

I know they DID have a D' years ago, but not sure what happened to it!?
I believe it is wheel based, over the other side of the river they have one of the tall ships in dry dock, we went there last year as the adjacent building had a Titanic exibition on and next year they commorate the 100 years since the boat went down, at the previous site in Kelvingrove they had a Victorian street with all the old cars parked outide the old shops and they have re-done the same in the new site, I will take some photo's when I go and let you know more what is inside.
sounds an interesting place to go, I wonder what the interest would be from members if we could arrange a Club visit?
I would be more than happy to help arrange, not sure how many Deloreans there are in Scotland and the North as Iappreciate it is a long way to come, all being well mine is due to arrive in the next 6 to 8 weeks. I'm planning to go to the museum after it has been open a couple of weeks and crowds died down a bit and I will ask or get a contact their to see how the museum feel about it, anyway I will report back after I have been then you can decide if you feel it worthwhile, the tall ship with the superb Museum building in the background would make a lovely backdrop for a photo with a row of Deloreans.