The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: RHD on Ebay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently discovered RHD now on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
Chris
says it sold for £35k - any one know who was selling it/bought it?

I dont recognise the reg number.
If thi sis the guy who I supplied some brake callipers to, it was found in a warehouse in Bradford.
stunned_monkey Wrote:If thi sis the guy who I supplied some brake callipers to, it was found in a warehouse in Bradford.
Yep, thats the one.
stunned_monkey Wrote:If thi sis the guy who I supplied some brake callipers to, it was found in a warehouse in Bradford.

blimey, they keep coming out of the woodwork dont they!!
Back for sale.....

How recently?

Is it really a W-H car? I thought I had read that this one and the one in the Lakeland MM (758) and 780, were all possibly Gerry Castle conversions?
Dangermouse Wrote:

How recently?

Is it really a W-H car? I thought I had read that this one and the one in the Lakeland MM (758) and 780, were all possibly Gerry Castle conversions?
Apparently so, identical build to the Hoopers one by all accounts.
Chris
This one's been knocking around for several years and Martin's right, it's the one that was up in Bradford. I remember chatting with the owner back in 2003 / 2004; the car had apparently gone over to the USA but came back to the UK in about 1990. If I recall correctly, I think it still had the catalytic convterter fitted to it rather than cat bypass pipe and the interior had been retrimmed in leather at some point. It had an asking price back then of around £18k - not sure if it's still the same owner now who's selling it? Sounds like it's had a fair bit of work done more recently with Chris Nicholson and looks like the interior has been re-done again.

I can't remember if it had a US spec instrument cluster but I remember it had one of the later style A/C bezels compared to the 121XX VIN cars. If it was part of the initial Wooler-Hodec batch I'm fairly sure it would also have been re-vinned by the receivers along with the other 121XX cars which leads me to believe that it's a post-factory Wooler-Hodec/Gerry Castle car, along the same lines as the one in the Lakeland MM.

Cheers,

Phil