The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Low Mileage beauty for sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He is a great looking low mileage Delorean for sale, think the price (Euros) works out to about £23,000 though and unfortunately it is in the Netherlands.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C195384/
Forgot to mention if you go onto their website loads more photos to view
The seats are pretty awful
Linky: http://www.thegallerybrummen.nl/en_EN/a ... tails.html

what happened there!! 1650 miles, and they recover them in a carpet? lol

Wonky fascia too.... not the condition you'd expect for a car with that mileage.

Price needs to be nearer £15k to take into account the amount you'd need to
spend to put it back to original - a new set of black seat covers will be pricey.

Mileometer says 165 though, not 1650 - has it had a new speedo at some point -
or has the angle drive failed or has it actually done 100,165?

Also noticed that the luggage net is missing, and it looks like part of the rear
carpet (on the parcel shelf) is missing too - or has it had a new bit thats a
different colour fitted?

Engine bay is nice and shiny tho Smile

I wonder if this is a car Ed Uding knows anything about or could give advice on?
Like you say well over the top on price and you would expect the net and tool cover to be in place, does the import procedures from Holland apply the same as they do from the States?
I'm not sure on EU imports, I *think* it depends if import duty was paid when
the car was shipped to Holland (assuming it went there from the US).

Martin would be the person to ask, I know one of his old project cars came
in from the EU.
I have taken some time looking at this car today on the main website, if you take into account the dealer has got the milleage worng, the stereo has been replaced and they seats poorly re-covered then I would say my money is on the car having done 100,165 miles. If the milleage was truly that low the car would be un-used, why change the stereo in a car that has not been used. I coudl understand the seats aging over time with heat and lack of caretc...but again if the car was that mint and low milleage you would dig deep to keep them correct when re-furbing them!

On another note considering selling my 912 so if anyone knows of a sensible manual car let me know.
Probably correct Joel - worth noting that the mileage on a DeLorean is usually not accurate anyway thanks to the unreliability of the original speedo drives.