The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Keyless door locks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to replace my old non functioning door lock module with a new one and get some sort of keyless entry system.

Don't want to pay DMC Texas prices.

Is there a uk alternative supplier of such parts.

M
Mike

I used something similar to this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-REMOTE- ... 53e47eae12

to fire the rear hatch solenoid on another car.

You may have to be a bit clever, but basically just an ultrasound signal fires a 12v trigger. I think this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-UPGRADE ... 53e4552cba

will do the same. Some kits will have motors/ solenoids included some not. If you only use one function, you'll have to just live with a few buttons on you key fob. Obviously its not going to be the *best* quality, but you can buy better I'm sure (not on Ebay!)

a
I rebuild your module and rewind your solenoids for £150.

[Image: locks.jpg]

This will give you reliable operation with solenoids stronger than new originals.
can you stll do that if the bobbins are knackered? Mine, upon inspection,
were all burnt and smelly and not in a very good condition - or do you also
supply the new bobbins?
I throw the bobbins away and wind directly onto the brass tube (insulated, of course). it adds another couple of millimetres to the available space too
thinking on these lines i looked behind the panel of my door and saw that there was a connector (two pin) unplugged could this be the solenoid? does anyone have a diagram of the door components.

Mike
The solenoid has a 3-pin connector. The only 2-pin connectors are for the door lights (and before anyone jumps in, the window motors have two 1-pin connectors Tongue )

There are unconnected single pin connectors which are meant for mirror heaters that weren't used.
stunned_monkey Wrote:I throw the bobbins away and wind directly onto the brass tube (insulated, of course). it adds another couple of millimetres to the available space too

haha, thats a good idea, and we all know what a complete g1t DeLorean doors
are to work in - do you remember that time I put my finger in Flopsy's door and
as I said "ooh that looks sharp" claret spouted from my finger :lol: