The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Post your DeLorean's Exhaust Tone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure how much interest it will generate but it will be interesting if everyone post their D's Exhaust Tone here, and state what kind of set up you have that makes this noise.

I can't post mine now as the D is not with me, but I will do so as soon as I can :wink:

Anyone?
Outatime Wrote:Not sure how much interest it will generate but it will be interesting if everyone post their D's Exhaust Tone here, and state what kind of set up you have that makes this noise.

I can't post mine now as the D is not with me, but I will do so as soon as I can :wink:

Anyone?

Oh your going to love your new exhaust. Tickover was 109 dB and at 2500 RPM it was 149dB. Get it over 4500 RPM and it hurts if your behind it !!!!
Daniel Shane Wrote:Oh your going to love your new exhaust. Tickover was 109 dB and at 2500 RPM it was 149dB. Get it over 4500 RPM and it hurts if your behind it !!!!

Hehe, I am actually a little worried if I will get pulled over for having such exhaust! :twisted:

There's a dent on the exhaust back box BTW, is it best to take it back to the stainless-exhaust.com guys to get it repaired? Or will any exhaust workshop do the job?

Or shall I just leave it there as it won't be seen? I am just concerned whether it would affect its performance/sound....

P.S. The figures you have there is measured from the outside, behind the car right? If that's measured from the inside of the car, I am starting to be a little worried!!! :roll: Might have to get a jet fighter communication system like the McLaren F1 :lol:
Emagine Wrote:Inside audio http://www.emagineproductions.co.uk/delo...%20rev.mp3

Outside audio http://www.emagineproductions.co.uk/delo...20back.mp3

That's a nice roar from the D, what set up do you have on your D?
I've got the DMCL Stage II engine upgrade and the medium stainless exhaust.

I think it was a bit tappety when I took that audio, it sounds better now is had a couple of mods done.