The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I solved the tail light issue and all was good until it rained today while I was out in my Delorean and now the head liner is soaked.

I think the leak is coming from the seal between the top edge of the door by the torsion bar. I see that the flat seal does not rest hard against the roof of the car. the rest of the door seals look good. Any tips on a fix for this.

Also my heater doesnt blow hot air at all could this be a fuse?

All help is much appreciated
Mike
VIN # 0814
Sounds like the Heater control valve is stuck closed.

Ah the water leaks I had this with my car. But no more, tested by the weather last night!

If those two lip seals along the top join to the roof are perished this could be your problem. Mine were shot.
Replacements are available from the vendors. You need to buy the special rivets with the new seals. Carefully using the correct size drill, drill out the old rivets and remove the old seals.

The other area is to check all round the 'T' bar area in the channel area and see if you can see any gaps in sealant. Also check the cable run area between the doors and the roof to see if the rubber covers are ok.
Get your self some Tiger seal to plug any gaps.
I remember there is a proper DeLorean recall sheet for dealers dealing with water leaks. It shows the common problem areas. I think you can download it from DMC News website. http://www.dmcnews.com/techmain.htm

Regards
Nick
Quote:I think the leak is coming from the seal between the top edge of the door by the torsion bar.

Nope, wont be that

Also check for pop rivets in the channels around the door opening - they need sealing over, since they didn't use blind rivets in the factory :roll:

Also seal around screw heads.

If it only leaks in while you're driving, it's your top windscreen trim. I did a detailed post about yonks ago on the old Yahoo forum but the Yahoo search isn't working right now, and I'm not at my own PC.

I'll get back to you with what you need to do...
Mrdashbo Wrote:Ok so I solved the tail light issue and all was good until it rained today while I was out in my Delorean and now the head liner is soaked.

Is it the headliner inside the door or the headliner in the center of the car or both?

Sometimes when people install a new headliner in the centre, the T peice it is held in place by the inner door seal pinching it against the plastic body tub.
If the material is too long it acts like a wick and can draw water from the drain chanel an slowley soak the healliner.

It's hard to describe so I hope that makes some sence!

Might be worth a check

J