The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Complete exhaust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Probably wont get any interest here but thought Id try! I have a complete exhaust system - both manifolds, cross over pipe, cat and silencer from a 1981 car in perfect condition. Far to good to throw away.
Does anyone want all or part of it? if so make an offer.

Phil.
might be worth trying on the old 'bay of E' Phil - could be an idea though to see what a complete NOS system is from Houston (if available of course) and working out a price from there.

I bought a '83' back box (used) for my car a couple of years ago, cost me about £60 IIRC.
The troouble is (as I'm sure you know) that becuase of the availability of the stainless free-flow system, there're loads of stock systems kicking around, and they don't rot. I did manage to sell a DeLorean cat to one of those pikeys who come around looking for old batteries and cats. Got a tenner for it Mr Green

If it's an 83 back box with tips, it might be worth something to someone with the wheelbarrow handles.
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. Still if someone wants to make me an offer they can, if not it will go on ebay at some point probably.
Well this is still sitting in my gargage, if anyone wants it just make an offer, I dont want much for it and its in really good condition.
Phil, if you're quick, you might get it in the next issue of the club mag which
I think is due to go to print shortly - only about 40% of DOC-UK Club
Members use the forum, so you might get a wider audience there.

Failing that, its the good old 'Bay of E'.
Hey Phil, Do you have heat shield that fits round the cat? If so I'll buy that off you if its in good condition, mines buggered. I'm back now but been madly busy. I've got a model making job round the corner from you in Bredbury. Currently waiting on new set of fans from Ed cause mine have seen better days.
Just to note, I have an 83 system with pointy tips going spare... Was gonna hold on to it, but whats the point? Just taking up garage space. I had one built for my car by LongLife, altough it was a bit of a sidestep, it has nice tips and a good tone. That'll do for me. Anyone know of anyone who may want it, let me know!

Cheers guys, and apologies for hijacking you thread with my classifieds!

Ben

xxx
I might just stick this on ebay soon then.
Scott - I dont have the cat heat shield mine had fallen to bits, there wasnt much of it left! I have the heat shield that goes between the engine and silencer if you need that, its in good condition but I decided to have a stainless one made instead.
You could have the cat one made from stainless, it would be easy enough, or remove the cat altogether. I think the de-cat pipes are pretty cheap and it will help performance.
We'll have to meet up some time now your back home.
Quote:Cheers guys, and apologies for hijacking you thread with my classifieds!

That's OK Ben, you're in the right thread!

Actually, I'm half considering getting rid of my '81 'wheelbarrow handles' for something more appropriate.

What you looking for it?
Just to add to the exitement, I will very shortly have an complete 'wheelbarrow' handles exhaust to get shut of, so I will add mine to the list of available ones. Also will include (or by seperate negotiation) a DMUK De-Cat pipe.
Chris
RichH Wrote:
Quote:Cheers guys, and apologies for hijacking you thread with my classifieds!

Actually, I'm half considering getting rid of my '81 'wheelbarrow handles' for something more appropriate.

What you looking for it?
Make me an offer Rich, and arrange for it to be collected,

Whatever you think it may be worth.....

Give me a week to get back to you though as i'm only on the computer once in a while.

Cheers mate!

Ben
Hi folks,

If I can also wade in here, I'm after a stock Offside exhaust manifold as I have snapped the studs which bolt it to the crossover pipe.

I also need the Offisde exhaust manifold pressed metal heatshield (the one with the duct that goes up to the inlet - though I don't need the duct hose itself, obviously!!). Mine disintegrated itself on its way out!

I'd be impressed if anyone got theirs out without snapping things too though!

Thanks all,

Richard
Rich Hanlon Wrote:I also need the Offisde exhaust manifold pressed metal heatshield (the one with the duct that goes up to the inlet

It's not a heatshield, it's the "heat stove" and it, and the valve in the inlet is pointless - throw it away and feel no guilt :wink: .
Rich Hanlon Wrote:Hi folks,

If I can also wade in here, I'm after a stock Offside exhaust manifold as I have snapped the studs which bolt it to the crossover pipe.

I also need the Offisde exhaust manifold pressed metal heatshield (the one with the duct that goes up to the inlet - though I don't need the duct hose itself, obviously!!). Mine disintegrated itself on its way out!

I'd be impressed if anyone got theirs out without snapping things too though!

Thanks all,

Richard
I have both freshly removed (well before I had flu for three days :roll: ) your welcome to them FOC as they were probably destined for the scrap anyway. Infact I think I have some new studs somewhere as well

Chris
Pages: 1 2