The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: WTD - Indicator stalk switch assy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks, does anyone have an indicator stalk switch assembly kicking about? The wire to the horn push has failed in mine - seems to have broken part way up inside the stalk so hopes of a repair are looking slim!

I've had a look at the Lucas parts catalogue

http://www.lucaselectrical.co.uk/catalo ... 63-119.pdf

and the MG Midget 1500n one seems very similar - to P/No. SQB194. Correct connector, correct functions etc. Stalk appears very similar, as does the steering column mounting piece. Anyone have any expereinces of these?

DMCH only seem to do stalks as a pair for $105 or thereabouts.

Cheers team,

Rich
I always thought the DeLorean column stalks were similar to Mini/Metro ones.

Worth hunting round Looms' - or mebbe nick the one of your Aggro for now?

BTW, did you use those Espace window motors? Mine are fubar Sad
Already thought of that - Similar style, same functions, but unfortunately the plug is wired up differently and the attachemnt to the column is completely wrong. Close but no cigar.
Lots of ones on that catalogue look similar but have different plugs, functions or column attachmnents - the Mg Midget one seems the closest and sutby different to general Mini/ Allegro ones.

I got one Espace motor, the other off a 21 as the Espace had been crushed before I could get back. Same components as the DMC ones, but it would need shortening somehow I think. Also the brackets that hold the glass would also need hacking with the Dremel to make it the same as the DMC ones.

I'd say if you've got a set of old ones then you could get a working assembly out of the combination of them.
Hi Richard - as you prolly know they're $104 from the US

I have a good second hand set (from the same car your alternator came from actually) if you'd like to make an offer?
Cheers Marty, PM on its way!
The stalk assembly looks very similar to one off a Morris Marina...... 8)