The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: FOR SALE 1981 Auto, black int. EXCELLENT condition MUST SE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After 6 years of ownership, I finally must sell VIN 01674 due to circumstances.

I am also offering a $500.00 (USD) finders fee to anyone on the forum locating a buyer for me.

1981, Automatic, Black int. June build, VIN 01674 flat hood (original was replaced)
34,600 original miles, I am the 3rd owner.

Top end of the engine has just undergone an overhaul, new heads, valve guides, hoses, vacuum lines, plug wires, dist. rotor. All relays updated, as well as the cooling system flushed and filled, air conditioning converted from R-12 to R-134a and blows cold. by Lawrence Lormand (Lawrence's DeLorean's Taylor, MI)

Original owners manual in the Valet, shop manuals (hard copy and in .pdf form) original window sticker and maintenance receipts as well as some memorabilia to go with the car. Including a 1st edition copy of Stainless Steel Illusion in near mint condition, The DeLorean Gold book, and John DeLorean's Autobiography.

She is a very solid and sound running daily driver, the interior is near perfect, however there is a small
crack in the dash on the passenger side at the glove compartment, and at the speaker grille. Passenger side knee pad has some sun damage and a small hole on the top, the trim piece on the drivers side, behind the door is worn (where you rub against it getting into and out of the car)

Seats were reskinned with the correct skins and are supple, no cracks, the binnacle is perfect.

Original floor mats are in remarkably good condition.

Aftermarket stereo system was installed by PO. (Kenwood AM,FM,CD,MP3)

Struts are good all around, sunshade is perfect.

There is a crack in the windshield on the passenger side, probably repairable

The Auto. Trans. Computer Governor needs to be rebuilt, the car drives fine as is, but you need to manually shift to 1st, 2nd then drive. I have the capacitors for the rebuild if you want to tackle it yourself.

I can supply photos to the serious interested buyer, and of course, please feel free to contact Lawrence and ask him anything you wish about the car. You can contact him via the Motor City DeLorean Club. http://www.deloreanmotorcity.com/

My asking price is $18,000.00 (USD) O.B.O.
Finders fee is $500.00 (USD)

Buyer must arrange for transport/shipping from Rochester Hills, Michigan, U.S.A. 48307

John
johnzd81@yahoo.com
this is around £11,000 GBP at current exchange rates (around $1.63), but obviously, anyone
buying in the UK will need to factor in shipping and import charges.

Anybody fancy this then?