The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Discounted springs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am now clearing out the last few sets of my new front springs at a special "one off" price.

Following some concerns about the quality of them last year, my entire stock, (plus a few faulty one's) have been returned to the manufacturer for exhaustive re-testing and assesment.
To put things into perspective, most club members have my springs fitted, for many years with no problems, however two sets have broken after several years use and some were badly pitted with rust, which I am told may have contributed to the failure. A few sets "sagged" after use. All the people who have reported problems to me, have been either been supplied with a new set, FOC or have had a full refund.
(I will point out that a friend of mine with an Audi TT has recently had to have all 4 of his springs replaced, at great expense, as they had failed after a few years use!)

I only supplied them as a service to members and as others now supply them, I am not having any more made and am clearing out my remaining stock very cheap, so why not put away a spare pair as an insurance?

All of the one's I am selling have passed all the quaility re-tests and are available at a knock down price of £30 per set, (plus £15 carriage if required) . Contact me direct at history@deloreans.co.uk
I'm interested in a pair as 'spares' Chris - I've had one of your sets on Flopsy since
2003 without issue, however they are bound to wear out one day so it will be handy
to have a set in reserve.
I'll put you and Phil 2 pairs on one side Claire.