The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Complete Lockset wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My house was broken into last night and the keys for the Delorean stolen, they havent taken anything else except the car keys but thankfully the car is still here as it was locked in the garage. I think they were specifically looking for car keys. I need to change the locks on it quick now! Does anybody have a pair of door locks and keys, and an ignition switch and key they could sell?
I could go through the insurance but im hoping I can do it myself quicker and without the excess, etc!

Thanks,
Phil
jeez Phil, hope everything is ok.

Has Dave Howarth got a lock set?
That's terrible! Sorry to hear that.

Best advice fror locks would be to get yourself to a scrappers and go raiding Metro's for door locks.

I think Paul Birks recently used a Rover SD1 ignition barrel? If so, you can get one from Rimmer Bros...
Really sorry to hear that, you ahve to ask yourself why though? hardly a car that could be sold on without someone noticing.
If no luck with Dave it may be worth getting a full set from DMCH and getting them all fitted. Non of us like to use insurance but they would cover all the cost's that way, and I guess you could either use your house or car insurance?
Hope you get it sorted soon.

Chris
hi

is it two key or one key system?.

you could just change the door barrels, and get a keyfob CAT2 immobilisor (about £100) fitted incase they get in.

if they really wanted the car as its 80's technology they could easily hotwire it, so the immobilisor will stop them driving away.

just a thought, as the door i would say is an easy change (but a sod to get your hand in)

Steve
Thanks all,
Ive spoken to Dave and he should be able to supply me with a new ignition lock and keys, and the right style replacement door locks, he can get the new door locks keyed to match the keys for the ignition lock too. So should be ok soon. Hopefully he'll have a lock for the storage compartment too, which I will need to break into to replace the lock on!

Thanks