The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: BAKNTIM Vin#0981 FOR SALE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.
Well its crunch time here, and I really cant afford to have my wonderful motor sat here any longer.
Cant even afford the cheap insurance at the moment. So its with GREAT reluctance that I must sell.
Im open to serious offers, and I would like to sell ASAP.

Off the top of my head, shes had a full stainless exhaust fitted, lowered springs, new ignition barrel,
LED rear clusters, LED door lights, New Battery, Angel eye front lamps, stainless engine bay vents with logo, stainless
sill letters and rear bumper letters, new front bearings and hubs, new rear wheel bearings, new all round
calipers, braided brake hoses on front (Have rear ones, not fitted yet), new brake master cylinder (2 years old),
new alternator, new waterpump, all round metal labels (DMC Airfilter box, jump lead area, battery compartment,
door labels, sun visor label, plus many more. Even the one underneath the car near the cooling fans).
Trapped air bypass "T-Piece" on coolant system. Anodized water bottle. New rear number plate lights and enclosures.
My car has an onboard PC with a 7" touch screen display, which I built myself. There is tons of music on the hard drive,
as well as a few video clips. The PC runs a piece of software called "Road Runner" which gives you SATNAV, Sat speedo,
music, video, dvd, internet (if used with a wireless broadband dongle), wi-fi and a soundblaster 5.1 sound card.
Its in full working order apart from
it needs a 5 channel amp to run the speakers. So there is no sound at the moment. This was going to be finished
once I get my compensation money from an ongoing court case, but it looks like its still going to be a while before
closure. There's a complete set of high quality Alpine speakers built into the car. Including a seperate square bass
speaker and single channel amp which will be thrown in, that produces some fantastic bass.
I also have a custom made board that will accomodate the bass speaker to fit in the storage area behind the drivers
seat should you decide to remove the PC.

Things that need doing.....
Ignition barrell needs re-assembling. Not a hard job, but ive not got round to doing it as my car is at my mothers some
15 miles away. Just needs 2 little screws putting in!
Aircon needs regassing (could be a leak as I had it regassed at eurotec a few years ago). Minor dink which
ive pushed most of it out on the rear drivers side wheel arch.
Apart from that, she's a great runner and in great shape as many people will tell you. She's never let me down as a
daily driver apart from when the alternator packed in, but she has a new one now and all runs fine.

Specs...
April 81. Vin#0981 (481st production car. Very early)
Textured rear fibreglass engine bay area.
Grooves and Gas Flap.
Black interior.
Automatic transmission.
Drivers door signed by Claudia Wells saying (Hey, how about a ride mister? Jennifer Parker , Claudia Wells XXX)

Extras...
I have the original cargo net.
$34,000 worth of work and upgrade receipts from DeLorean One in california!!!!!!
The carpet for the storage area behind the drivers seat (Had to take out to accomodate the PC).
Spare fuel filter
Spare belts
Spare airbox filter
Car cover
and a few other bit and pieces that I cant remember at this time.

Cant remember the milage, but its somewhere around 65,000.
She is Taxed and MOT'd for around another 4 months (I think).

A few older pics of my car are available on my old unused website, but take a look anyway.
http://www.birksie.com

Any other questions please post here...
Open to ALL offers.
Many Thanks.
Paul.
really sorry to read this Paul Cry
As I mentioned on the phone last night, really sorry to hear this Paul. I have Emailed the people who have expressed an interest in buying a D so Fingers crossed for the sale.

Chris
Thanks all.
Whoever wants the DeLorean will get a really good deal. Id just like to hear some numbers thrown at me.
Must sell ASAP or the kids will be eating snow out of the icebox for xmas. Thats is the electricty doesnt get cut off! lol

I also have for sale, old parts from my car...
Original exhaust manifolds and Front wheel hubs (4 of )
Hi all.
Just want to say my car is no longer for sale. A good friend has helped me out, and I dont have to sell now.

Cheers all,
Paul Birks.
Birksie Wrote:Hi all.
Just want to say my car is no longer for sale. A good friend has helped me out, and I dont have to sell now.

Cheers all,
Paul Birks.

Great news, hope everything works out soon..

Chris
Ah, Brilliant news Paul Smile
good news paul,nice to see that you are keeping the d. Smile Smile
Thanks all. Happy happy happy Smile
That's EXCELLENT news Paul, I'm really glad! It's always sad to hear of people having to give up their D unvoluntarily.
mate, thats the best news I've heard all week Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

seeya on the 20th Big Grin
Nice one mate :!: glad to hear..