The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Early (gas-flap) D on car and Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks a nice car....but the price looks a bit rich to me.
hi

yes way over...more like £18k

For £25k i would be wanting RHD or Pilot!

Steve
ex vin 1621
Hi Steve,
you may be "wanting" a RHD ( or a pilot) for £25k and I have sold them for less in the past, but I know of a RHD owner who recently refused £40k for his RHD and DMCH are building a new one which may be over $80K by the time it is finished!

Getting back to LHD's, I was talking to Dave H last night and he tells me that two " decent project cars" have recently sold for 8 and 10k. ~£15-20K in our opinion, is a price we would expect to pay for a realy tidy LHD example. Baisicly unchanged for a year or two.

I still maintain that the 1983 LHD ( Ex-BTTF) car I owned was the best driving DeLorean I have ever owned. I regret selling that one.
The 10k project car was definitely worth the money, I'm currently supplying a whole pile of stuff for the new owner, who's really making sure he "gets it right". That's the car that was on Car and Classic a few wweeks ago.

I've got a car up for £25995 which is *very* special in terms of the work that's been done. Just sorting out an entire new AC system, then its interior and it'll be ready.
How's things Chris? Sorry you regret selling the 1983!! I don't regret buying it off you!! Still perfect and being looked after you'll be pleased to know. Just re-taxed her today! I used her for my wedding too, pics to follow!!

Speak soon.

Chris P Wrote:Hi Steve,
you may be "wanting" a RHD ( or a pilot) for £25k and I have sold them for less in the past, but I know of a RHD owner who recently refused £40k for his RHD and DMCH are building a new one which may be over $80K by the time it is finished!

Getting back to LHD's, I was talking to Dave H last night and he tells me that two " decent project cars" have recently sold for 8 and 10k. ~£15-20K in our opinion, is a price we would expect to pay for a realy tidy LHD example. Baisicly unchanged for a year or two.

I still maintain that the 1983 LHD ( Ex-BTTF) car I owned was the best driving DeLorean I have ever owned. I regret selling that one.
Hi Martin,
i'm glad you are looking after Backy and it is still behaving its self. My proudest moment was driving throgh the gates of Buck house to celabrate the Queens b/day in that car.
On that last photo, I'm sure that traffic guy is Phill Wright in uniform, lol what do you rekon'.
steve.s Wrote:hi

yes way over...more like £18k

For £25k i would be wanting RHD or Pilot!

Steve
ex vin 1621

Talkin' of RHD, there is one for sale on the DOI, 40K or there abouts, is the asking price.
Great pics, my and my wife are so happy with Backy. Funny, I remember you taking that pic as I drove off, and that's Adam in his Monaro!!!

Chris P Wrote:Hi Martin,
i'm glad you are looking after Backy and it is still behaving its self. My proudest moment was driving throgh the gates of Buck house to celabrate the Queens b/day in that car.