The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: WANTED: Front nose 'GRILLE' (the one between the headlights)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I need a front grille, new/second hand. If anyone has a spare knocking around, or knows someone who has one, then let me know! Would be of great help. Thanks, D.
Ayup Demelza, long time no chat, hows things?

I reckon your best bet would be Dave Howarth or Chris Nicholson, one of them is bound to
have a front grille at sensible money.

Speak soon,
Can someone pm me their contacts, thanks.
Thumb twiddling

(cue violins)
[Image: 1grille.jpg]
[Image: 2grille.jpg]
[Image: 3grille.jpg]
[Image: 4grille.jpg]
[Image: 5grille.jpg]
[Image: 6grille.jpg]
[Image: 7grille.jpg]
[Image: 8grille.jpg]
[Image: 9grille.jpg]

sigh
come on guys, really struggling here. Both me and my dad have now tried very hard to source a front grille (part of a small project on the car for which we decided it would be best if we had a spare) - the big US suppliers (a couple of them) seem to be the only ones that definitely have it, at the not unremarkable cost of about $370 :?: Then about $90 postage. And with another badge, another $50 (approx).

It all seems a bit OTT to me (the naive enthusiast maybe, yet not really unused to buying DeLorean parts) - can anyone help us out a with something at a kinder price?

thanks all.
Demelza
Rob Grady used to have donor cars out back so he may be able to source you a second hand grill? Also, Josh Haldeman (on the DML) may be able to help too. Good luck.
What's wrong with the one you have? They can be painted. Also the DMC emblem can be painted, then sanded back to re-grain the logo.
Demelza has asked about those headlight covers that were once available, looks like she wants to do some customizing on the front. Sounds interesting, I'll keep an eye out for one DMZ...
:wink: Thanks

I'm trying to post an ad on the DML but it won't seem to let me without some mysterious login. strange I didn't think getting this would be so tricky...
Will keep stumbling on though, any more thoughts (or grille!) do please give me a shout!!!!! as I say, this is proving really tough