The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: DeLorean for sale on autotrader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else seen this?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... logcode=p#

It is certainly a lot cheaper than the two examples for sale on the club website, however I suspect it will need a lot more £££ spending on it to make it A1 condition. Though, 12k is more reachable than 18k for me at this point in time.
mmm, seems not a bad buy depending on work required and what condition it's in upon inspection. Especially with less than a 1000 miles on the clock. Shame about the 2.5l engine though lol

Chris
just a bit odd

add says 3 grand spent recently, but why not finish for an MOT (which is worth more) if its just the manifold. (would not an MOT/tax add a grand or so, and make much easier to sell

and why not change the struts, a cheap and easy job.

early as it has a clock, but should it not have a gas flap hood?, and can't tell but a screen aerial?.

any potential buyer take a very good look at all parts and frame.

if the calipers/clutch hydraulics etc have not been rebuilt, then sometime i would say they will need doing.

a reasonable price though, and would be nice to see the vin and history, as back then there can't have been many here.

Steve
The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for TBF 889W are:

Date of Liability 01 04 1991
Date of First Registration 18 04 1990
Year of Manufacture 1981
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2458CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour SILVER
Vehicle Type Approval null
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £104.50
12 Months Rate £190.00

Its vin number #1690 - and going by the above, the tax ran out over 18 years ago!! Shock

Whats going on with the engine cc tho? Did the first owner maybe fill it in wrong on the V55?

Personally, I dont think that car is worth much more then £10k, if that, as it needs manifold
gaskets, a window, struts......... if its been laid up for nearly 20yrs there could be issues with
the fueling system, it could need bushes all round, shocks, brakes........ need to know what
that £3k was spent on to better assess it really.
I was thinking about this one and due to location I'm wondering if it's the one that was laid up on a caravan site near Barmouth North Wales for donkey's years???
It appeared in Practical Classics a couple of years ago as well in there rust in peace bit!

Chris
Hi

Definately not the Barmouth car, as i have seen it.

the Barmouth car is a RHD conversion (done many years ago) i reckon by Gerry Castle or someone close as it has the truck lights.

i think Dave H actually sat in the Barmouth car when it was LHD but didn't buy it at the time.

when i saw it, had the front and rear bumpers+interior off, badly rusted exhausts and the owner asked if i had had frame rust problems with mine.

i would guess the sea air and the fact it was parked over grass have not been kind to it.

owner would not sell though even though i offered good money (well over £13k) for a car which i thought needed a maybe frame off rebuild. (or certainly a few K spent on it)

exhausts were odd being flutted at ends, like old style muskets!.

and it had been clear laquered which was peeling, the only car i have seen done.

Sorry took no pics though.

so not this one.

Steve
Don't read to much into the 2.5L engine until you inspect the car. Could have been wrongly entered on the reg document. This car arrived here before the "Net" I remember how hard it was to find out any information on the D. Even when I got my car 10 years ago, insurance company data got the engine size wrong.

This car has done very few miles since '87 chances are you will need to replace fuel system items and clean the tank out. Ask if the anti freeze has been changed at regular intervals while the cars been stored.
Anti-freeze is also anti corrosive and protects the engine. This property last around two years.
If the coolent has not been changed it can lead to the head gasket corroding which is what happened to my car.
Check the coolent hoses as well.
I'd say it looks like a nice project car if you don't mind a bit of spanner work. Rolling restoration.

Nick H
I understand that the Barmouth ( post factory) RHD is nearing the end of its resotation and will soon be up for sale at about £40! This picture was taken a few years ago before it was abondoned......and restored.
The car in the subject title is in good hands with a guy called Steve frm Wolverhapton, doing all the right things putting it back on the road.