The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Bargain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
smells like a classic scam!.

pre-approved etc!.

just a question, cannot see a clock by the shift, but should be for that vin.

ebay should (or maybe they do) have a team to sniff out scams and prosecute.

Steve
steve.s Wrote:just a question, cannot see a clock by the shift, but should be for that vin.

I have heard of owners swapping the black shift plate for one without a clock hole if their digital clock has failed. Someone on the DML also swapped his shift plate because he couldn't see the clock very clearly from the driver's seat so thought there was no point keeping it on display any more Shock
I think it is a low vin. doesn't mean to say it's his Wink

The gas flap hood, wheels, old style waterpump hose routing, plus i think you can see the seperate armrests...

EXCEPT: The louvres look too thick in the middle. Anyone with a low vin might tell you that the vertical support bits in the middle are alot thinner on earlier cars....

i don't know.
I think it's a genuine sale.The chaps just got the year muddled up Smile Smile
0 feedback, something seems abit fishy
I've just checked the vin number out on that car thanks to Barson.
The listing said it's a black interior,5 speed and from New Orleans. Smile
i would say a scam Martyn.

lots of them appear on ebay, the approved bidders one is common, as is the zero feedback. (not always though)

sometimes someonme in the 'us' army or something.

and sometimes with a photoshop adjusted vin plate.

someone on the us yahoo groups keeps a record of the cars on ebay, and he generally points out when they (or the photos) have been on before.

thats why i would tread very carefuly when buying for the US.
i tried one or two and they refused escrow which is worrying, as this is payment for car