The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: New Mercedes Gullwing - 21st Century 300SL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Last night has knocked my confidence abit and I was abit on edge when I went out in the car today (as a passenger, I'm not up to driving yet).

Its lots of rest and painkillers for me for a while - which is a real bugger, cos I really need to to crack on with jobs on all my cars Sad

Thanks again,

Claire
Really sorry to hear about the accident Claire. Hope you will feel better soon. and I allways thought we northener's were a nice bunch that would stop and help anyone.
Chris
working down south rather be back up north :!:
Chris & Suzie William Wrote:Really sorry to hear about the accident Claire. Hope you will feel better soon. and I allways thought we northener's were a nice bunch that would stop and help anyone.
Chris
working down south rather be back up north :!:

Cheers Chris,

to be fair, it was hammering down with rain last night, so I'm not surprised no one stopped.

I've been living up here nearly 10 months now, and I have to say I've never been happier, I love life 'north of the Watford Gap' and have no intention of ever moving back South. The people up here are great, especially in the village and the local pub Smile
Really sorry to hear about your accident Claire! Last Summer a girl, same age as me (21/22), went into the back of me, but she had only been driving a year, whereas I had 4 years no claims. I managed to claim on her insurance and she lost her 1 years, I kept mine, to my relief! 1 lesson learnt, never get insured by Norwich Union, you can't understand anything the Asian operators have to say to you, such a struggle! Claire, it sounds like you came out worse than I did, but I share the fact you kind of loose a bit of driving confidence, I was quite wary whilst out on the road a few days after. Fortunately the neck ache I had didn't materialise into anything worse. Again, nobody really stopped to see if either of us (and all her girl mates in her car) were ok.

[Image: corsa%20damage.jpg]

I had to have a new rear bumper AND an entire new boot section (the floor of the boot) and because of this, the car is so much noisier than it ever was, so going over bumps just makes the suspension sound like its going to fall out - the sus is fine btw hehe! So they obviously used a thinner mild steel for the boot floor.

Hope you get better soon Claire!! It was great talking to you at the NEC about Flopsy and all the work you had planned for her!! Big Grin
thanks, again Smile

Churchill have been absolutely brilliant (I 'Challenged Churchill' and saved a packet!). I have been told one of their solicitors will be calling me within 24 hours to discuss my injuries!

Now, where's that shopping list of bits for Flopsy........ Smile

A guy in the Cavalier club has hopefully come up trumps with a decent bumper for me for a tenner, so fingers x'd we'll be going over to Buxton to pick that up on Saturday.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who has contacted me since the accident, it makes me realise how many good friends I've got out there in the DeLorean community Smile
Funny how things turn out,one day you are helping someone the next you are the victim.

Take it easy.

Now what year is it 2007 2017? :wink:

bozzzydmc

Yes and its a long time since i have seen an 'un-chaved' Corsa, well done Smile

NickT

trialmedia Wrote:Really sorry to hear about your accident Claire! Last Summer a girl, same age as me (21/22), went into the back of me, but she had only been driving a year, whereas I had 4 years no claims. I managed to claim on her insurance and she lost her 1 years, I kept mine, to my relief! 1 lesson learnt, never get insured by Norwich Union, you can't understand anything the Asian operators have to say to you, such a struggle! Claire, it sounds like you came out worse than I did, but I share the fact you kind of loose a bit of driving confidence, I was quite wary whilst out on the road a few days after. Fortunately the neck ache I had didn't materialise into anything worse. Again, nobody really stopped to see if either of us (and all her girl mates in her car) were ok.

[Image: corsa%20damage.jpg]

I had to have a new rear bumper AND an entire new boot section (the floor of the boot) and because of this, the car is so much noisier than it ever was, so going over bumps just makes the suspension sound like its going to fall out - the sus is fine btw hehe! So they obviously used a thinner mild steel for the boot floor.

Hope you get better soon Claire!! It was great talking to you at the NEC about Flopsy and all the work you had planned for her!! Big Grin

I will have a look at Mrs T Corsa as she has the same model / colour as yours (apart from it's the 1.4 sport). Maybe they forgot to include some sound proofing !

You can use a hairdryer/ hot air paint stripper gently on the wheel arches and they will turn back to the original colour 8)

Claire, glad you are better. Getting a £10 bumper is a result !

NickT.
Pages: 1 2