The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: James May's Motormania Car Quiz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Happy new year all,

while I've got a spare couple of minutes I just wanted to draw your attention to the above interactive DVD game, as it features a DeLorean.

The format is that you are given a particular car to start with and you answer questions that are read out by Mr. May (of "Top Gear" fame), and for every 3 you get wrong the car is downgraded slightly.

There are 5 categories of car you can choose (Super, Classic, Sports, Racing, and Muscle). If you choose Super Cars then you will start off with a Bugatti Veyron, which (if you get enough questions incorrect) will eventually become a DeLorean.

James May's comments about the DeLorean aren't really very kind but it's nice that the car features in the DVD at all, plus there are 2 pictures of it on the inside of the case as well.

The fact that the Porsche Cayman S is billed as a 911 did not escape me either, and is something I have contacted the makers of the game about. I know it's sad but if people like me don't point these little things out then who will.

Anyway, I just wanted to point it out in case anyone has got this for Christmas and not yet found the DeLorean (give more wrong answers and you soon will!).
does anyone else get depressed with the amount of crap the Delorean gets?

pff. Cry :oops: :x

I haven't got the game, btw

bozzzydmc

Not so much depressed but mad...
Indeed,

although Mr. May does concede that the car looks great on a poster, but the reality is allegedly "a wheezing Renault-powered bag of bolts".

As far as I know James May has never driven a DeLorean and I think this is principally where the problem lies. Most people that have, barring Quentin, are very surprised with how it drives and feels etc.

Oh well.
The trouble is Mike - and I get just a p'd off as you with all the stick the car gets - is that its always the same with journalism.

If there's something good to say about something, its not exciting in their opinion. If a "celebrity" does something worthwhile, then it gets ignored or might get a short paragraph, but if that person is then snapped rolling out of a nightclub the worse for wear its all over the front pages of the tabloids.

If it hadnt of been for all the 'scandal' about JZD and how the company was set up, etc, then it would just be another small car company that never made it.

Unfortunately, alot of people believe every bit of drivel they hear or read about the DeLorean, thankfully a few of us are a bit more open minded and take the time to use our grey matter and make our own minds up - and then go on to try to 're-educate' people who think that just because James May/Quentin Willson/et al say the car is crap, it must be the case.

Regards,
Hi everyone. Happy new year to you all

On the question of the Delorean getting bad press, all I know is that the general public vote with their feet ie My car has been at a number of events featuring lots of exotica and guess what. In the publics view the Delorean blows them all into the weeds. I just feel sorry for those guys when my car gets all the attention. Tee hee.
bttf brian Wrote:Hi everyone. Happy new year to you all

On the question of the Delorean getting bad press, all I know is that the general public vote with their feet ie My car has been at a number of events featuring lots of exotica and guess what. In the publics view the Delorean blows them all into the weeds. I just feel sorry for those guys when my car gets all the attention. Tee hee.

hahahaha, but we all know your DeLorean isnt *normal*, is it Brian? Big Grin

Several times, at car shows, I've heard grumblings from other car clubs who are 'unfortunate' enough to be sited near to the DOC and moan that we get all the punters :lol:
Hey Claire

I think the Delorean in standard trim is absolutely "peachy" and I know
that from what everyone else says to me, that they think so too. So, hands up in the poulation of the UK who thinks the Delorean is crap.....5
Everyone else including me and you........59, 999,995

I rest my case M'Lud

"Bows to the crowd with ecstatic applause"

Bliss!

PS i'm glad I own one!

Brian
Hi

'they' also ignore the fact of how John Delorean got the project off the ground to production, in the short space of time.

Not many i think had the charisma to achieve this. The car is fantasic, still looks futuristic and always will. john was right...they were wrong.

will anyone know the name Quentin Wilson 25 years later...i think not.

it always annoys me about people quoting the lost 'taxpayers' money.

He tried and people had jobs and more importantly hope. would they have rather no jobs and huge unemployment/dole bills etc?.
The company should have been supported, which should also have happened to Rover.

People should not be knocked for trying for success.

Regards

steve
vin 1621
I couldn't agree more with all of your comments.

Back in July last year Chrispy was kind enough to lend me his "Lefty" to take to a local motor show, and it was almost embarrassing how much attention the car(s) got.

I tried to leave the show several times in the afternoon but each time someone would approach me as I was getting in and start a conversation about the car. I've not known any other car that brings this out in people on such a scale.

I think the root of why the car gets as much stick as it does is simply because of this; journalists know that everyone recognises the car and therefore by saying something bad about it they have everyone's attention, even though it's down to us lot to undo it all at the shows when illinformed illiterati approach.
mikesumner Wrote:I think the root of why the car gets as much stick as it does is simply because of this; journalists know that everyone recognises the car and therefore by saying something bad about it they have everyone's attention, even though it's down to us lot to undo it all at the shows when illinformed illiterati approach.

Yes! That's exactly my theory! The general public know little about the car other than the three films, perhaps assuming the car is magically fast exuding a mystical quality, so there's nothing more satisfiying - on the part of the pop tabloid program makers and opinion preachers on TV - to say that the car's crap. bastards.

I've been on my back, riveting all day - excuse me :oops:

Dave.

Edit: and James May's got a girl's haircut...

Tongue
Claire Usher Wrote:Unfortunately, alot of people believe every bit of drivel they hear or read about the DeLorean

Here's another case of "Same old sh*t, different day":

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/01/y ... t-28442138
posted my comment Smile

Hopefully the pro-Delorean posts will soon out number the ignorant anti-Delorean posts.

The only true criticism they level against the car is its performance, which can be dealt with Smile
Bloody hell that crap makes me mad!!

I have posted my two pence!