The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Is this true?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend was told by her dad that the car for back to the future was modified for the film at Madley in herefordshire is this true? And does anybody know anymore about it? :?: Big Grin
according to the DVD, the mods done to the deloreans for the first film were done my Kevin Pike (Special Effects Supervisor) and his team at universal.
Thats what I thought but I wanted to check.
Did George Barras have a hand in the design at all?
Before they chose the delorean for the time machine wasn't it going to be a refridgerator, but the creators of the film were worried that kids would get stuck in their fridges when they tried to re-enact scenes from the film? :? Big Grin

bozzzydmc

Dan Howarth Wrote:Did George Barras have a hand in the design at all?

Not a thing !

Teg

Rach J Young Wrote:Before they chose the delorean for the time machine wasn't it going to be a refridgerator, but the creators of the film were worried that kids would get stuck in their fridges when they tried to re-enact scenes from the film? :? Big Grin

Yep, this is true. I downloaded (and read) a full draft script of the original plot and it had a refridgerator as the time machine but it also had to be placed at the site of a nuclear bomb, so Doc drove Marty to the Nevada desert where the US army were testing the atomic bomb.

I have the script knocking around somewhere on a CD. I could send it to you if you really want a read. It is very interesting as it far less family friendly as the final movie.

Regards,

Teg
That would be great if you can send it to me!! Big Grin
the guy from hereford your refering to did build a back to the future car,he had a discovery and an enclosed trailer with back to the future printed all down the sides he used this to move the cars about,i think he was comisioned by the people from back to the future to build this car or cars for promotional purposes in the uk,i remember it being in ross on wye at the video shop,dave howarth bought some parts from him many years ago,i think he stil has some.this is all i know so far,its annoying to think there are parts sat gathering dust up the road from me and im paying postage