The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: BTTF 1 Original Motion Picture Score
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Ok bit of a trivia question really. A friend of mine bought me the "Back to the Future" Original Motion Picture Score for Christmas.

He told me it is extremely rare, apparently only 500 were printed for promotional use. As he works in the music industry I kinda believe him.

I've done a quick google search and found that they never released the original films score but that a bootleg version was floating about from "Delorean Records"

My CD is from "Universal City Studio's"
courtesy of "Universal Studios Publishing Rights"
Manufactured by "Movie Music Records"
And has a different track listing from the bootleg version.

Has anyone else got any information that would be useful? Could it be true that this is quite a rare find?

Cheers.... and Merry Christmas to one and all!
mmm, not sure as a friend of mine downloaded BTTF 1,2 & 3 film soundtracks from one of these internet sites. Though where they got them from I'm not sure!
Chris
Do you mean a CD with the actual music score (ie, all the background music composed by Alan Silvestri) or a CD which has just the BTTF theme and the various pieces of pop/period music on it?

The latter is readily available and not rare (I got the BTTF CD for my birthday a few weeks ago...), but I have never seen a CD with the actual film score on it.

Its quite rare for a film to have the whole score released - (there are exceptions, depending on the film genre) - most have soundtrack CDs released with the core themes of the film, plus all the incidental tracks by popular artists on which are featured at some point in the film.

So if you have a CD with the theme and various bits of background music, then yes, it is very rare.

For reference, the CD I have has these tracks:

1. The Power Of Love-Huey Lewis & The News
2. Time Bomb Town-Lindsey Buckingham
3. Back To The Future-The Outatime Orchestra
4. Heaven Is One Step Away-Eric Clapton
5. Back In Time-Huey Lewis & the News
6. Back to the Future Overture-The Outatime Orchestra
7. The Wallflower (Dance With Me Henry)-Etta James
8. Night Train-Marvin Berry And The Starlighters
9. Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)-Marvin Berry And The Starlighters
10. Johnny B. Goode-Marty McFly With The Starlighters

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Back-Future-Orig...F8&s=music

You can find all three BTTF soundtracks available from various online retailers.

Cheers,

Simon
Yes its a CD with the actual music score. I have the other CD too that has the tracks you listed.

The track on the Score CD are:

1. Back to the future - Main theme
2. The Delorean Revealed
3. Einstein Disintegrates
4. 1.21 Giggawatts!!!
5. The Libyans
6. The Delorean Ditched
7. The Town Square
8. The Skateboard chase
9. The kiss
10. The Delorean retrieved
11. Marty's Letter
12. The Clock tower
13. The clock tower part II
14. 85 Lone pine mall
15. What an adventure
16. Doc Returns
17. End title

dmcdj

i got that cd as well mate Big Grin

bozzzydmc

This is the CD i have downloaded can anyone tell me what is different about this 'incidental' music to the one that is mentioned in this thread ?

http://tinyurl.com/yds2v9

NickT

test to post