The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Engine placement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would there be enough room in the front of a D' to fit the standard engine? If so, why wasnt is placed there?
Who'd want it there? Having it at the rear gives better weight distribution, more traction at the drive wheels, avoids having a transmission tunnel through the middle of the car, etc.
Someone did one with a double engine somewhere in the USA : a Northstar V8 in the the back and a Honda Prelude 2.0 litre in the front. It seems to work allright ... I know there is a website somewhere about the conversion, but I can't seem to find it. Anybody ? He used a Honda-engine because if was powerfull AND flat, so I don't think a standard PRV6 DeLorean-engine would fit ...
It seems that's there no limit to what those Americans would try with a DeLorean ...

[Image: mem2engineb.jpg]

Regards

Andy
There was a guy in the states who put a second engine in the front of his Delorean and was able to run both at the same time.

I think it was on ebay a while back.

Dave.
where does the fuel tank sit now in that double ender
That'd be my mate Rick Gendreau's car. The engine in the back is from a Cadillac Eldorado and the fuel tank is in the middle of the chassis and doesn't last long....... He drives it on the front engine most of the time