The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Replacing your exhaust with a Stainless system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Can't seem to find the thread about stainless exhausts, so I thought I'd put a request out here.

If your about to change your old exhaust for a stainless system and have a Cat heat shield fitted that you no longer need.....can I have it? :wink:

It's the curved one that fits around the Cat by the engine number, I'm in need of.

Thanks.

Kind regards
D
It's this one: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2567

You're more than welcome to have my cat heat shield if 7176 currently has one. However I won't know until mid-Jan - someone else may be able to offer you another sooner than that!
Thank's Matey,

If it's in 1 piece I'll have it! Big Grin

Regards
D
Please be careful removing and replacing that heat shield as it's made from asbestos.

Over the years it takes on water a becomes very crumbly and I have myself had a few fall to bits in my hands and face, not nice !!!!!

Why not just remove the cat and replace it with a CRP ? That way the whole exhaust runs cooler and you get a few more horse power and you dont need that heat shield. It's completely legal too.

Dan
Darren, my cat shield will be kicking around at PJ Gradys once it's off, so let me know if you decide that you want it rather than going for a bypass pipe...

Cheers

bozzzydmc

Would be nice to see one without a big hole in it or going all mushy round the edges

I hope out of everyone there is one going to be one for Darren as they are like rocking horse poo Smile
Thanks Mike...now I've gone mushy around the edges Cry

bozzzydmc

Awh bless Smile

I wonder what DMCH are putting on their new D's ? :roll:
About £50K mark up :lol: :lol:
I doubt they will put the original system on new cars. I'd imagine they'd put one of those systems with 2 cats, 1 on each side. For £50k I would expect something better than the standard setup :wink: