The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Can anyone help me on Server2003 Public Folders Restore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NickT

Totally off topic and calling all fellow geeks out there !

Can anyone help me with a problem I have on Windows Server2003 ?
It is with the Exchange Information Stores' public folders.
Story in short, I applied a security permission to deny access to 1 user and the whole lot disappeared !

Luckily I backed up the server First information store that contains the mailboxes, public folders and I also backed up the Server state just that morning.
I copied the original mdbdata folder to another partition before I started.
I set the Mailbox and Public folders Mounts to allow Database override from Restore and then performed the restore (ncluding logs)

After restarting the Microsoft Information Store Service I can now mount the Mailboxes and they are fine but the Public folders are not there.
I can't mount the Public folders.

Typically and unknown to me my boss has decided to put a lot of data there without letting me know (great !)

Luckily all users use POP accounts for email access and use local cached copies of the Email so they can carry on working today.

I have a feeling I am going to have to perform an Active Directory restore but I am too cautious about doing that (as no doubt I will lose another evening of potential garage time)

If anyone can help can you please call me on my mobile on 07976188749 and I will call you straight back so I pay for the phone call.

Thanks in advance,

Nick-Ihatecomputers-T
Best of luck with this one mate! Shock Sounds very complex indeed! Sorry for an un-productive post haha!
This any good to you Nick?

http://blogs.technet.com/moloyt/archive/...4010f.aspx

Best wishes,

Phil

NickT

Looks like I have a duff active directory entry and I can't modify this CN=Public Folders !!!!

Computers..................

Nick.