The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Wanted: Angle drive clip ring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need a new clip ring for my angle drive. The clip that holds it into the nut. Does anyone have any of these or know where they can be bought?
Is it just a plain internal circlip? It's a while since I've seen mine (there- that's jinxed it!). In which case you might find them on ebay from nut/ bolt/ fastener suppliers etc if you're got the correct dimensions for it... Some car spares places have components boxes of these types of things too...
Its not a normal circlip unfortunatly as I have a box of them in my shed. Its kind of a wire ring type thing:

[Image: angle-drive-2.jpg]

I bent mine up getting it out. Is it me or is that the most fiddly thing to get out ever! My angle drive seems to be working ok now though, it was a bit of a burr on one of the gears causing it to jam.
try contacting Speedograph Richfield (Nottingham), they make angle drives, speedo cables,
etc, and may be able to help you.
Cut a single loop off a spring of roughly the right diameter - it will work just fine