The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Holy Sh*t a Delorean!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
8) Just curious, what cools cars have you notice the driver pointing to your DMC in disbelief? Shock recently for me its been 911, AM AMV8 Volante and the AC COBRA club. all within the past 6 weeks...its cool though!
ohh i forgot a Austin Princess, Morgan and BMW Z1 :lol:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=M5AzEsQSQv4

a WEE movie I made earlier this year, Darren C might recognize this from the other side of the central barrier :lol:
You can add Toyota Prius to your gawpers list :lol: :lol:

I saw you just after you passed Clacket Lane services, watched the vid twice, but can't see my Black Prius in the outside lane coming the other way. Spooky if it is on the film eh! Shock

Best Regards
D
Out of interest, what made you go for a prius Darren? You have all those bentlys and rollers to choose from I can't imagine you ever wanting to drive a prius!
Hi Dan,

It's for company tax reasons basically. The Prius has its own Co car threshold of 13%. Its 100% capital allowance deductable in year 1.

Basically I got a new company car and a £200 per month pay rise in saved tax Big Grin The company get to right it all off in tax year 1 and then £0 congestion fee + £15 per year road tax and I'm averaging 60mpg.

Plus the model i have has self park 8)

And hey its a no brainer.

Best regards
D
It makes sense indeed, I didn't realize they had special company car tax rules... I don't understand why everyone thinks the prius is so 'green' though. :roll: My dad has a prius but he gets annoyed about the 'saving the planet' reputation they have because its nonsense really. His doesn't have self park though, does it work well? It must seem strange sitting there with the wheel turning on it own?
A Prius green....you've gotta be kidding. :lol: :lol:

Did you see top gear last week?

They have a manufacturing carbon footprint about the size of a civil war in a small African country.
But dont tell the taxman :wink:

The self park is pretty cool though 8)
But it's only as good as you set it up to be.

Best regards
D
I used to work in a company which had a number of Pri (multiple of Prius lol) and I suppose in some way they take the pollution out of the city and onto the motorways.

A Yaris deisel gets around 60mpg with none of the assosiated CO2 generated in production.

I read that per car Toyota releases considerably more CO2 during manufacturing than any other car company, funny how they omit that from any literature.
:lol: Darren C didn't notice any black Pruis!

my car is free!! (Moon Buggy) one of the perks of working in the trade i suppose, but with its 1.9 TDI 105bhp and I get 62mpg on the highway :wink:
Darren C, watch video again, but go to 2.13, and look left :lol:
BELFAST BOY #1458 Wrote:Darren C, watch video again, but go to 2.13, and look left :lol:

"Great Scott, I don't know how they found me, but they've found me....run for it marty"
Phill had a guy in a Bentley GT running parellel with him taking photos when
he was on the motorway one day in Sorbet.