The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Project 2456 begins!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have no idea what make this radio is though.....

[Image: DSC00036.jpg]

A Van

Think its a Pioneer.....
A Van Wrote:Think its a Pioneer.....

Good spot both Alistairs
I have put fuel in but the distributor is leaking around the centre gasket and the engine isn't firing. It does however turn over. I will have to check the injectors for fuel. Not sure wat has to happen the distributor as wel to stop it leaking. From an email in the workshop manual I can see he was having problems with the car starting but then stalling. He seemed to think it was fuel pump related.

NickT

Is it leaking from the fuel distributor ?
Whereabouts on it?
If it is between the 2 halves then you will more likely require a replacement, although Jason Monk is trying on a way of re-sealing them. Ask Tourettes to get in touch with him.

Good luck,

Nick.
It is from between the two halves. I'll order a new one anyway. The fuel pump should be OK if the fuel isgetting this far shouldn't it? I can still test the injectors with the distributor leaking as well can't I?

NickT

In practise you could but be very careful and at least have a fire extinguisher and hosepipe at the ready. I personally wouldn't due to fire risk.

NickT
I'll leave it for now then. Sent Ed an email for prices and availability of parts. I'll tackle the many cosmetic jobs that need done first and catalogue the spares I have to place them on Ebay

NickT

mnickels Wrote:I'll leave it for now then. Sent Ed an email for prices and availability of parts. I'll tackle the many cosmetic jobs that need done first and catalogue the spares I have to place them on Ebay

Put an ad in the 'wanted' section, there may be a spare oem working one about you could try with all these volvo conversions.

NickT.

A Van

Isnt there an o ring or something that seals it?

The previous guy may have had off to try and find the fault, and refitted incorrectly.
It is seaping from in between the two halves. He prob did have it off as all the fuel lines were off it

NickT

A Van Wrote:Isnt there an o ring or something that seals it?

The previous guy may have had off to try and find the fault, and refitted incorrectly.

Not for the 2 halfs of the fuel distributor.
There is an O ring underneath that seals air between this and the ventury.
Looking at:

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2073

there appears to be some O rings for the small filters.

Let's hope Jason has had some success in fixing one of these things Big Grin

NickT
Pages: 1 2