The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: mot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just after pasting mot thank to nick t .At the week end past he made my car half a ton lighter Know the co is .80 and HC 100 before 2 and HC 2400 slight change and goes like a shoaled cat . How i can put my new number on .
[Image: DSCF0014.jpg]
nice one Smile
Very nice reg number, congrats on the MOT ...Just off on Hols for 2 weeks.

NickT

Congrats on passing the MOT Big Grin
Glad I helped.

NickT
zippy Wrote:the co is .80

I thought the CO was meant to be about 2.0% ?

NickT

1.5 to 2.5 % on the volvo engine (with volvo gear)

0.5 to 1.5 % on the stock engine.

NickT
Thanks for clearing that up Nick. Out of interest why is it so different between engines?

NickT

Stock engine uses KE-Jetronic
Your version uses K-Jetronic

The 'E' being "Elektronic" (German). This is sort of an add on the K-Jetronic to be able to control the fuelling for catalytic converter equipped cars. The fuelling is overall leaner than just K-Jetronic and the lambda system will fine tune the air/fuel ratio to "stoichiometric" ie perfect air to fuel ratio of 14.7 to 1. This is known as Lambda value 1 on the current MOT emissions. The fuel computer basically bleeds off fuel from the fuel distributor to alter the pressure at the injectors to control the amount of fuel going in.
The bleed valve is the "frequency" valve and is just a LH-Jetronic injector who's on to off ratio is altered accordingly by the fuel computer.
If this does not bleed the fuel then the usual result would be overfuelling of the engine and high CO and/ or high HC (unburnt fuel).

NickT
Thats interesting. Surely the KE-Jetronic system should be more ecconomical than the K-Jetronic if its using slightly less fuel?

NickT

Dan1986 Wrote:Thats interesting. Surely the KE-Jetronic system should be more ecconomical than the K-Jetronic if its using slightly less fuel?

It should be yes but it depends how you drive ie a racer or a cruiser.
The fuel economy at the time was (usually) taken at 56 mph.
You can see in the timing curve of the distributor and other tweaks were done to make the car pass emissions regulations at the time.
The larger ventury and fuelling on your setup now was tuned at the factory for drivability and HP.

Look at the difference the good old A series engine had in power outputs with the emisisons gear on.

Nick.
I my self think it is to low will put it up now it has past more power .