The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Antenna!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just picked up my new car this week- hyundia elantra 2.0 td. Drives brilliantly and was a bargain- only prob is the bloody auto antenna doesnt recieve a decent signal- its definately connected.
Problem is that its anti theft so despite my best efforts i cant remove the thing!
I was thinking it could be the aftermarket stereo and that its an original antenna. My only idea is to install an internal antenna or connect the rear window demister circuit to the radio socket via an amp and leave the crap one in place. Anyone got any ideas? Know any good car theives?
If its like a VW antenna, it will have an amplifyer built in. However you need to get power to it and if using an aftermarket radio you can buy an adaptor to go between the headunit and the antenna cable which has a feed off that you connect to positive when the radio is on. I had these in my audi a3, vw polo, vw golf etc and without it connected you could hardly get a signal and with it connected it was crystal clear. All this is assuming the Hyundai one is like a VW

[Image: PC5-52.jpg]
Sell the Hyundai, it'll depreciate quicker than the radio signal :lol: :lol:

bozzzydmc

Darren C Wrote:Sell the Hyundai, it'll depreciate quicker than the radio signal :lol: :lol:

lol... thats just mean ... Wink
bozzzydmc Wrote:
Darren C Wrote:Sell the Hyundai, it'll depreciate quicker than the radio signal :lol: :lol:

lol... thats just mean ... Wink

lol.... I've got a similar problem with crap radio reception in my Cavalier,
but luckilly that is at the stage where is cant depreciate any more - and
if I weighed it in at the scrapyard I'd actually make a profit on it! lol

I was gonna fit one of the spare stereos in the Cav this weekend anyway,
as the CD player keeps playing silly buggers, in addition to the radio losing
signal all the time - plus also you put it on seek to find stations, and it just
loops round and round never finding anything Sad
Quote:bozzzydmc wrote:

Darren C wrote:
Sell the Hyundai, it'll depreciate quicker than the radio signal

lol... thats just mean ...

Ha, fair one! I actually got it way below blue book and i couldnt get the spec that i got on it on any other car for anywhere near the price. And its already depreciated pretty low, so very happy with the car.
Dan- ive just checked and that is bang on what i need- cheers- halfords job?
Halfords, or ebay :wink: