The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Typical Friday Not my fault but will get blamed for it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NickT

Here I am down the depths of a paper converting factory (ie bog rolls & paper towels!).

My task here is to backup every Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), SCADA, Drive motors, Robots, Industrial PC's etc.

Anyway, I come to backup the robots, shut robot down, park robot, power off, insert compact card, power on holding hot keys, back up using commands, backed up fine, changed backup batteries.

Powered robot on, self test ok, powered up fine, or so I thought.
System would not reset and start palletising the Boxes. Bummer.

Pressing the "Reset/ Initialise Infeed conveyors and Robot Sequence" button didn't work.
Within 2 minutes manager came down screaming why it wasn't back up and running and blaming me under the sun even though I had done all of the usual risk assessment, procedure and got time/ production slot to do the 5 minute job :evil:
I went online to the PLC and found that the electrical reset input to the PLC wasn't working.
I opened the panel where the industrial PC is and found the reset button swinging in the back at the end of the cable. Typically, the reset button had 2 switches behind it, 1 operated the lamp and siren, the other the actual reset.
1 minute with a screwdriver and it was all working again and in 10 minute it had caught up on production.
I got an apology, which was something at least. :roll:

Moral of the story is don't do these things on a friday if you can help it !!

I'll have to remember what Homer Simpson said once
"It was like that when I got here !!!!"

Oh well.................beer tonight Big Grin

NickT.
lol, why are Fridays like that Nick? :lol:

I'm trying desperately to get up to date and clear my trays before I go home
tonight as I'm back in hospital next week, but I just know its all gonna go
t1ts up before 5pm.... I can feel it happening...... :lol:
Good read that! Complex but I kinda understood it all! Good work mate Big Grin
funny but i used to work in a toilet roll factory, great job, it was right up my alley :lol: TT
Tourettes Tony Wrote:funny but i used to work in a toilet roll factory, great job, it was right up my alley :lol: TT

would that be your REAR alley????
Hi Nick,

Thought you'd appreciate this link in light of you day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL-ShkqY ... re=related

Enyoy

Regards
D