The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Anniversary of the First Shipment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today, 27 years ago The First shipment of cars were loaded on to the Continental Highway and set sail that evening for the west coast of America. Here is a photo taken today where the ship was docked.

[Image: DSCN0007.jpg]
really!! wow, I wonder if anyone in the DOCs' car was on there? Smile
My cars were shipped the other way on the 17th. I should have got them to hold off until the 19th and made it really memorable
This is where the compound was. [Image: DSCN0004.jpg]
Hi Neal

have you an idea which vins upto on the first shipment?.

was it the 500+ series cars?
steve.s Wrote:Hi Neal

have you an idea which vins upto on the first shipment?.

was it the 500+ series cars?

Yes it was, some where on here is a photo of me sitting in 1020. It is were the list of vins where put on, just the other week.
so 1020 was on the first boat? does that mean that the preceeding 400ish cars (excluding 501 - 560) were on there, too?

can i assume that my 944 was on that first boat, too?

I thought my car would have been on the second shipment to the eastcoast...maybe it was.

i wonder if an inventory still exists. :/

Dave.
If you have the time, browse www.dmcnews.com

Lots of techincal/historic info.

Includes the electronic parts list, links to the cross-ref databse (with heavy USA bias) and the infamous VIN list.

http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/img/news/n_vinlst.pdf

Open the VIN list to see a list of whre the cars are. As with all things, the data is only as good as what people put on it, but DMCH supplied full warranty card info, together with the details of the first shipment.

Look for 'manifest 10' which shows the cars on the first boat (I think)

Mine reads:

"Black 5 speed : Engineer/test car, Engineering car (Olsen Eng.), Manifest 10

John C
DOC 19/19a : 'Boeing' : #0737
Hi Neal,
Do you have any idea what other types of cars were on the ship? I presume it wasn't chartered solely for the delorean shipment?
Who drove the cars onto the ship, was it the stevedore's or your colleagues in DMC ltd shipping?
Kevin
KMC-DMC Wrote:Hi Neal,
Do you have any idea what other types of cars were on the ship? I presume it wasn't chartered solely for the delorean shipment?
Who drove the cars onto the ship, was it the stevedore's or your colleagues in DMC ltd shipping?
Kevin

Kevin

The crew on the ship were Japanese, so I Think it came from Japan and stopped at other ports. before coming to Belfast.

IT was the Dockers themselves, and two of my colleagues that drove the cars on to the ship, They picked them up at the gate of the compound, and a mini bus brought them back.

It only seem like yesterday :lol: ....... It was, It was :lol: :lol:
Barson Wrote:so 1020 was on the first boat? does that mean that the preceeding 400ish cars (excluding 501 - 560) were on there, too?

can i assume that my 944 was on that first boat, too?

I thought my car would have been on the second shipment to the eastcoast...maybe it was.

i wonder if an inventory still exists. :/

Dave.

Dave
Not all of the early cars went on the first ship, as some of them were used as company cars, and some were used for Testing, others were send to England to be made into RH cars.