The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Finally took the iphone plunge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
at a price of £69 i couldnt go wrong (actually free with bday monies) , it comes tommorowSmile Now i may haveto make a delorean theme, lol
Hi mike yes i brought a i phone for me and one for the wife at christmas however the wife took hers back as she couldn't get on with it and i keeped mine.let me just say i have had no end of mobiles and the i phone is without and dought the best phone i have ever had.
last saturday night we both went to a party and i meet up with a old mate of mine which also had one but he knew how to use his and it realy dose so much even down to pin pointing your posistion if you are lost
such a cool phone the only thing you will have probs with and that is downloading pics ,but he showed me what site to join and they send you msm pics to you v them
anyway good luck with it and hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as i do

cheers tyson
The way I see it, thats £69 worth of MrSheen and Leather cleaner gone in one hit Tongue
Heh, only joking mike Smile
The way I see it, if your gonna build a computer into a phone why not do it with some style. :lol:
There fantastic.

Ive deployed around 150 of the little buggers here at work and everyone loves them.

Dan
Well I sold mine...... biggest waste of money ever, but that's my personal opinion. Everyone who likes them, great! Just wasn't for me!

Good luck with it Mike!
hi there

i never had the chance to sell it dan was going to buy it it it kind of went bang some how :roll:
posting this on me iphone
How are you getting on with it Mike?

I hope you didn't take offence to what I said.

It wasn't a direct dig at you!

I think I have said this about iphone before, but unless you are a big ipod user, it doesn't really fit in.

I seems the phone part of it is an afterthought, and the features most basic mobiles have got, the iphone lacks.

The internet wasn't fully usable because of the lack of a media player to play video files on web pages; To me, that is the internet, and without that, makes it not so attractive. Mind you, there's new software coming out all the time, so who knows?

The inablility to drag and drop music and video files was also a negative, everything had to be done through itunes; Except for photo's

And finally, the battery life was poor. I never got more than a few days out of it; and you can't change the battery.

I bought mine unlocked, so only had an internet connection via a router, so I can't comment on EDGE network speeds or coverage.

It gains in it's style and looks good though, I couldn't fault that! The snazzy photo and web page zoom is cool.

For the price you paid for it Mike, I hope it lives up to your expectations. I'd like you to come back to me in 3 months, and say I was wrong!

Ben
dont worry i didnt take offence, everyone has their own opinions.

So far im loving it, but im still in new toy phase, lol. Im paying the £35 a month at the mo but ive jailbroke it so i get all these user made apps. There is a plugin (or was) that allowed you to play some video files on the internet via the youtube player.

But ill probably use it mostly to listen to music at work, and abit of browsing. Ive always loved the ipods and i did have a creative player awhile ago but just hated it, so ill haveto see how i get on with this over the next few months. I love how the texting works tho with the speech bubbles and all
Yes, the conversation texts are cool. You can watch youbube vids through the youtube on the phone, but not on the actual youtube site. Having the jailbreak done was a good move anyway.

Keep me informed!

Ben

NickT

I use a phone for having "conversations" with other people Shock

Mind you, I need friends first :wink:

NickT