The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: RC Delorean
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI,

I am new to the forum, I hope somebody can help. Has anyone ever seen or heaard about a 1/10th scale car body kit for a radio control car, the one that can be used on Tamiya cars etc. At the moment I cannot afford to buy a delorean just yet, have a Porsche 924 instead, so wanted to get my RC car its own delorean body kit.

I have found mention of one on this site

http://www.projectvixen.com/dmcforum-ar ... 24983.html

but cannot find out anymore.

If I can get my hands on one of these body kits, I would plan to reproduce it for others.

Steve Smile
hi steve welcome to the mad house, i havent seen a body for the de but there may be some one who has cheers TT
Thanks will keep looking!

I have been searching on ebay and google. I have found mention of one on another forum, so will keep looking, someone somewhere must have produced one at some point in time!

Steve
They used to advertise an RC body for sale in the DOA magazine DeLorean World eons ago. I believe it was DeLorean One that actually sold them.

Might be worth keeping an eye on eBay?
Ive got 2 rc chassis. A normal car and a monster truck so could swap the bodys about to make a T-rex delorean (think thats what its called) :lol:
hi steve

welcome to the doc club

best person to speak to would be ed udung from holland as he is involved with the states a lot or evan chris from pj grady he might be able to put some light on the subject for you but if you want to see a real size rc delorean watch this space should be ready for nov 2008 i have got it to go backwards & forwards know just wating parts from the states to move the steering Big Grin
Hi Steve,
I've posted some pictures on the French forum.
You can see them here:
R/C DeLorean
On the other hand they're pretty rare on eBay, I just see it once and it went for more than $250 if my memory's fine Idea
Some good pics on that page. I bet the RC shells shown are really hard to get hold of now.

Gotta get me one of those kids sit in BTTF D's though. Theyve got class! Big Grin
Hi,

Some very nice photos on that page, but has anyone seen or got a photo of a Delorean body shell for an RC Car. I have a touring car which it would look great on, but I also have a nitro powered HPI Savage Monster truck. I would look amazing on this 'Truckzilla'!

If I cannot find a bodykit I will have a go at building one from scratch, taking a mould from it, so that I could get it vacuum formed with polycarbonate for RC use.

It would make it alot easier if anyone knows of a large scale plastic model kit available.

Steve
hi steve i know they make a body shell of a delorean as my ex brother in law has got one i will see if i can get hold of him to find out who makes them may take a couple of days to track him down i will keep you posted

cheers Tyson
Oh My God, Thankyou very much, if you can help with this it will be most appreciated.

Steve Tongue
hi steve i said i would ask my ex brother in law about the delorean shell i managed to get hold of him 3 or 4 days ago and he just text me back today unfortuneatly got bad news.i thought he had one but the one he has is a much smaller one i think a 1/18 scale i think ,he said he has exhausted all avenues he said he has asked every one he know in the rc field he knows they make them but extremaly rare and cant find out any information .sorry mate i did try for you but you will have to keep on looking

Tyson
Hi

Thanks for trying, I will keep on the lookout for one, but in the mean time I think I may have a go at making one. Will let you know how it turns out.