The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Who's RHD is this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The entry on the VIN list for 2889 says it is in Minnesota in the US. No mention of it being RHD either.
[url]
http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/img/news/n_vinlst.pdf [/url]
Looking from the list... it's lack of info... so could this be a new RHD to the list? Or just another video with incorrect info?

Chrispy, so you know anything about this VIN?

P.S. the list really needs updating~ it's saying my car is still in Aus :lol: !
Outatime Wrote:Looking from the list... it's lack of info... so could this be a new RHD to the list? Or just another video with incorrect info?

Chrispy, so you know anything about this VIN?

P.S. the list really needs updating~ it's saying my car is still in Aus :lol: !

lol I think it is only updated if you contact them. An interesting read though
It says my car is in Stockton, California and its been in the UK since 1991 :lol:
Dan1986 Wrote:It says my car is in Stockton, California and its been in the UK since 1991 :lol:

thats right, your car was in Stockton CA from new, but before being imported
to the UK around 1991, it was at Renton Autos (a salvage yard I belive) in
Washington State Shock
I think it was finally registered in the UK, after a lot of work by the prev-prev-prev
owner, Mark Bourne, around 1998.

You can email the guy who does the DMC Vin list and he will update your
car's details. Smile
Yeah thats correct. There are copies of emails from you to carfax people and to someone else about tracing its history in its file :lol:

I will email to get the list updated.
The RHD in the video belongs to my buddy Andrew in Singapore - it's an aftermarket conversion with a tan interior.

I saw the car in Singapore with Andrew last year - a real comedy show. the car still belonged to the previous owner at that point, so Andrew and I had to get through security to look at the car in order for me to give him an opinion on whether it was worth buying - we must have looked like the two shiftiest characters in Singapore.

I don''t know why the list thinks this car is in the US - it's been in Singapore a LONG time, and is believed to be the only road registered DeLorean out there (one other unregistered collector car).

Cheers

Darren
So it must be the very same car Ian Foster showed me (in photos)~ Everything is clear now :wink:
Hi Darren,
So what engine is in that D then?

Here is a sighting of the Delorean from youtube.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7j5DAeOerU

Do the silver louvres look good in person?
Stock engine - a few mods that were done to cater for RHD (it has power steering!) and a custom tan interior....but the engine is the same.

Andrew just has a very heavy foot - and watches films like Tokyo Drift!

Darren
... and that video is sped up.
That's a great (cheap) performance tweak for your DeLorean.

Get a mate to film you going fast - watch it and decide that actually, it's a bit crap - and then edit the video to how you think it should be - then tell everyone how fast your car is!

Brilliant idea! Big Grin

The car itself caused a stir a while ago when people thought it was a mysterious prototype, with it's tan interior. It looked like quite a sound car from the outside when I saw it - the problem has been (as Andrew has been finding out) that there are no DeLorean experts in Singapore - so local shops struggle to know what to do with it. The good ones order parts in from overseas, the others just use bits from other cars to get it going again.

The plan is for it to come over here at some point and be redone - but we need to clear some other committments first.

Darren
at least when it lands in your workshop it will get the care and attention
it obviously needs Smile