The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: How can you possibly go wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought one of these today to go in my Merc. The sound system in there was like something out of the 80's. IE Cassette deck, segment missing out of the display etc.

[Image: face_off_panel.jpg]

This came to a grand total of exactly £100 including delivery. How do they do it?

Plays CD's as a regular CD does incliding MP3 etc
You can watch your DVD's /VCD's etc
SD card socket so you can download, transfer, and way to go.... Play DIVX movies
Bluetooth built it, comes with mic etc for hands free calls.
listen to music in your phone via bluetooth
Remote control
TV tuner and free tv antenna

See for yourself

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-3-TOUCHSCREEN-B ... ZViewItem#

I won this exact same player from the same seller for £80.01, with a carraige charge of £19.99

I expect it's imported, and it doesn't have abrand name, but what the hell?

For £100, you won't even get a decent MP3 tuner/cd player

I'll let you all know how it operates.

Ben
Have to agree Ben it looks a bargain. let me know if its ok, I need something in the camper :wink:
Only so you can sit in there watching dirty videos :wink:
I dont need to watch them dan, I make my own! :wink:
And he send them to me for quality control checks :lol:
:lol:
Right, here is the verdict.

The item arrived on tuesday via courier, and there was no one there to sign for it, so it was re-delivered wednesday.

Packed well, and I emphasise that this unit has no brand name on it.

Everything you could possibly need for a successful install is in the box EXCEPT the little aerial adaptor to change modern day leads into a push in type.

All things that were meant to come with the unit did come!

It didn't take long to fit, but the first snag was that the loom that came with it that connects to the speakers plug was obviously wrong. The fader control turned the speakers from left to right, and the balance control operated the front to back levels. I had to splice the wires so they worked properly, cos with the stereo track, the sound was bouncing from front to back instead of side to side.

The SD card slot was a little tempremental, but it's ok now

The TV part works, but the higher you are, the better

Sound quality is OK, but not breathtaking. The one in my D which cost £500 leaves it standing, but it is a reputable make

Slight surpression noise when engine is running, i'll either have to get an in line surpressor, or live with it

And the touch screen is a little fiddly to use, and only 80% of the buttons on the remote actually do anything

I rate this as 7/10, but value for money definately 10/10

Well worth a try for £100

Thanks for reading

Ben
Just 2 questions Ben, do you have an external amp? and does the TV tuner come built in,?,,,oh! one more do you have big fingers :lol:
Hi Allen
4 x 60 internal mosfet amp
Tv tuner built in.... Free aerial

Other features include front and rear pre-outs
Auxilary stereo input
EQ, Loudness, all the nasties
Video input
Rear camera input
Microphone supplied for the hands free part of it
4 position screen adjust
Face off
Will display your satnav directions if the unit you are using has bluetooth.

I read somewhere in the book that it's cd changer compatible too

I think the best thing is the phone linkup. I have a sony ericsson w850i with a 1gb memory card. On the phone, I have 200 songs recorded at 160KBPS which is almost CD quality. You can play the songs on your phone and through this unit with no wires at all. in fact, if you are sat outside the car on a chair at a show, the phone in your hand will change the track........ really clever, and pretty good quality on a phone call too.

The tv will probably work better if the antenna is exterior mounted.

You only get what you pay for, but you certainly get a lot... and warranted for a year!

And i'm so happy with the item, im going to see if i can win a pair of these... just read the description.

[Image: 5e02_1.JPG]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/B2x7-HEADREST-MON ... dZViewItem

Dont panic about the price, ive seen these go for £80 through the auction. Even built in games, remotes, and adjustable poles....

Ben
got a similar unit in Phill's Cav - got it a year ago for his birthday, was
£92 + P&P.

It works brilliantly, although we havent connected up the tv tuner or
reversing cameras yet :wink: Apparantly you can get freeview boxes
to plug into units like this Smile
I have now had this unit a few month's, and overall I am happy with it. I decided to add a digital TV reciever to it, to give about 50 extra free channels, subject to coverage.

Then, as I mentioned in the previous post, I went on to purchase the pair of black headrest screens, and these were even more impressive than the head unit. Although not the ones pictured above, they are virtually identical, but without the intergrated DVD player. Thought that was pretty pointless seeing as they will be coming off one head unit. They each came with a remote controller, a wireless game controller with 30 NES games built in, tv antenna for each screen, built in speakers, on screen menu's etc.

I've got a second digital TV reciever, maybe i'll fit that in the D seeing as there is no analogue tuner in there, so no i've never had TV in there as such..... just DVD's unfortunately. If I can do it easily without modifications, then i'll have a go prehaps.

So my other car is becoming a bit more than a secondary source of transport, and I promised myself I wouldn't spend on it. Off to Long Life stainless exhaust's this weekend to get a full system whacked on there, and window's being tinted the week after. I got a quote for the D exhaust last year, but i'm still reluctant to let them at that!

[Image: 6289503.jpg]
[Image: 6352789.jpg]

Don't take the mick out of that dodgy sticker on the back window. As soon as the tint is on there, there will be something a whole lot bigger on there advertising the DOC!

Thanks for reading.

Ben