The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: The cheek of it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody, me again....

Check this out

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Naff-Motors-Book- ... dZViewItem

How come is it that the DeLorean is the butt of jokes where these sort of books are concerned. Like the "Crap Cars" calender issued last year, and other publications I have spotted in the past.

We ought to do something about this.... Don't know what, but I class it as slander! LOL

Only joking, but come on....... That's our car's they are sla**ing off.... Sad
It really winds me up. You can't say the Delorean is naff! Have these people ever driven one? Its lovely to drive, comfortable, sounds nice, good spec for the age, attention grabber. Ok so its not the fastest car about, but its still not that bad. Ive already had people say to me 'make sure you don't park between 2 cars' and all that, but thats total rubbish, its easier to open the doors than my normal car. People assume things then write books without knowing the facts.
hi gets on my nerves about performance.

this was the end of the 70's when developed, and was nopt greatly different to the corvette etc at that time.

it was not meant to compete with a ferrari etc but to me the reliability was much better than most anyway.

would we really want to rebuild a ferrari/lambo/lotus engine anyway now?.

in addition this book, lists

a mini moke, fantastic and a cult!

a stag...also great just needed to look after the engine!

and an alfsud..these were great, and outclassed the hot hatches then. i always wanted one the 1.5Ti. fantasic engines.

the TR7 i really like these. everyone moaned because it wasn't a re-styled TR6

i could be wrong but is that not an imp on the front?. were these not one of the most successful rally cars? engine in the boot?
The author of the book is Australian.
And from what i can find just another newspaper journalist,
You know how they like to "big up" a subject, just to get a reaction,
So I wonder if he has actually ever sat in a Delorean,or any of the other cars he likes to make the butt of his ,so called , jokes
this classic novel sells for the grand fee of £6, so I can say with huge confidence it wont be very long before you see it at your local sunday car booty for 10p.
After all it is the perfect size book to use as a door stopper :lol:
I read through this book whilst in waterstones one time (or at least read the Delorean part).

There are very few 'facts' about the Delorean laid out in this book.

apparently owners 'had to crawl through the rear hatch when the electrically operated doors failed'

horse sh*t, the lot of it.