The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Stainless steel rear louvre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bozzzydmc

I wonder how much more the stainless version weighs compared to its' fibreglass counterpart. Hmmm, I wonder who we know could take up such a challenge, contructing one? Any ideas? Big Grin
I hope its a better fit :lol:
I bet people could make money if they offer fibre glass T-panels/bonnet/wings for the D.... I would have a set to swap like a mobile phone case, and have it in black!

bozzzydmc

http://www.dmctalk.com/attachment.php?a ... 1200573087

Arh.. its just partly covered in Stainless ...
I cant read that thread, but I was thinking it was all SS it would be bloody heavy, you wouldnt need gym, just open and close your louvre 3 times a day and you'd put Arny to shame in no time Smile
[Image: 03_arny.jpg]
Dodgy Motor Wrote:wouldnt need gym

Whats a Gym?
an abreviation of gymnasium,,where fat people go to sweat :lol:
Fools :lol:

Right must be time for a packet of crisps now.

Anyway a stainless rear louvre is a good idea becuase they wobble about a fair bit as standard when you open them, but as you say the weight would be crazy. Aluminium would be ok, and powder coated black.
Looks like its just thin stainless sheet covering the horizontals of an original louvre. In that way it wouldn't be too heavy.
I know of two companies that'll make you one, but boy would it be expensive.

Carbon fibre would be cool though, strong and real eye candy.

D
it would be a bit dodgy in an accident at 50mph think of the decapitations you would give out for free :lol: TT
Nice one tony... :lol: Not to mention your own decapitation when a dirty great lorry goes up the back side of your D and pushes the lourve through the rear window,youll never have to lift your arm again to pick your nose,you can just hold it in your lap :lol:
thats a nice thought have ya seen them crashing in an accident doc brown wasnt kidding tin foil mate the crunch marveloooossssly shame though

stainless louve nice thing how about a stainless engine cover to match it with dmc cut out as the replacement airvents nice

and the side airvents in stainless that would be nice
i wonder if p j would have a go